changing headunit to alpine :)

so guys, could you help me please.

Going to fit my Alpine headunit to the rs, what connectors do i need?? would want the steering wheel controls working, the screen and also the built in aux that is already in the car.

also is there a facia out for the car or is it not needed?

thanks in advance.
:smile:

Unlikely you'll be able to keep the aux input. Does your Alpine HU have an aux input? If it does you'll have to use that. Run the wires into the glove compartment.

You don't need the fascia, but it does look better with it. They are less than £5 I think.

The cable you need to allow you to continue using the stalk controller is about £35 and can be bought from ebay. I'm not sure of the part number but make sure that the wires you have will match up to the pictures of the patch cable in the photo.

By 'the screen' do you mean the pod in the middle of the dashboard where it displays radio station, volume, time/temp etc? Well you can't really have that either unfortunately. The patch wire will just make the screen say Renault across the top, but you do get to keep the time and temperature.

HTH

You can have the top display work- you will need you head unit to have the dual screen out option and then you need Alpine APF-D102RE just under £100.