Changing dipped beam bulb

I have just been trying to get the dipped beam bulb out of headlight and after forcing my hand into the tight gaps I can't seem to get the bulb out. Is it clipped in or does it twist out?

It should pull out then,197 have retaining clips. I've done a guide on how to change the bulbs. Its in the how to section.

its a 200

Jiggle it a bit, I think you either push down or pull up slightly.

The connector to the loom just pulls straight off anyway so it might be worth removing that first.

They aren't held in by anything really other than a recess the shape of the lip on the bulb housing that's a very snug fit.

Wait till you try and put a new bulb back in :smiley: make sure to take a note of the direction the metal tab needs to face,

It should pull out then,197 have retaining clips. I've done a guide on how to change the bulbs. Its in the how to section.

Cheers, I'll have another go at it now.

Jiggle it a bit, I think you either push down or pull up slightly.

The connector to the loom just pulls straight off anyway so it might be worth removing that first.

They aren't held in by anything really other than a recess the shape of the lip on the bulb housing that's a very snug fit.

Wait till you try and put a new bulb back in :smiley: make sure to take a note of the direction the metal tab needs to face,

Cheers. I was thinking that putting it back in was going to be hard haha.

You sure can! Just changed the headlights and side lights on my 200 without taking the bumper off. The passenger side took about an hour and is fiddly but helped taking the battery cover and air pipe off. The drivers side took a couple of mins once the washer bottle chute was off. Hands are a bit cut up but worth it :smiley: