Changing colour of brakes

Guys looking for some advice, was thinking of changing the colour of my calipers, I know getting them stripped down and powder coated is probably the best bet but I cant afford to be without my car for more than a day. Do you think its worth removing the wheel and painting them with a brush? Any advice appreciated.

i painted my callipers on my old ST,

didnt have no problems with them at all within a year n half of doing them.

no flaking/peeling at all.

just make sure you get the prep stage correct.

I painted mine mate tin of paint is a tenner from halfords i got decals of ebay:thumbup1:
100_0381.jpg
Before i painted them i jet washed them cleaned them with brake cleaner and then made sure they was dry using a hot air gun.

Last edited:
if your gonna paint them buy a good quality caliper paint. I painted the calipers on the 182 with an average priced paint and its chipped no end. I've just brought a set off ebay that are being bead blasted as we speak and will be going off for powder coating on Friday :smile: Got new seals and everything for them ready and waiting.

I painted mine mate tin of paint is a tenner from halfords i got decals of ebay:thumbup1:
100_0381.jpg
Before i painted them i jet washed them cleaned them with brake cleaner ann then maed sure they was dry using a hot air gun.

Hi, I'm looking at doing the same, with the stickers do you need to laquer the caliper after the sticker is on so to keep it there also are the heat resistant? Cheers

it was actually blue I was planning on, what brand of paint is it you used? Did you remove the caliper from the rest of the brakes or just paint what you could see?

It was halfords own it was £9.99
I taped up a few bits then just brushed painted them and it says put second coat on within the hour of putting the first coat on and after you have put the second coat on you need to let it dry from 18/24hours..
There is plenty of paint in the tin ive still got nearly got 3/4 of tin left.