Centre Silencer removed + K-Tec Crackle Map?

djjackwilson

Platinum Member
Has anyone had both done - to a standard system?

Just I'm dying to hear what it would sound like!

And I want it :tongue_smilie:

i have the crackle map (albeit on my akrapovic) and it sounds great

Is the crackle map just as good as a normal map on power gains? I'm guessing it the same but just a change in fueling or something on over run?

I have removed my last cat and mid silencer and my god it pops and bangs left right and centre sounds amazing mate :smile:

You got your cat removed aswel ? Is it just a pipe or the proper decat pipe with the place for the sensor ? What's the flatspot like, I've got my centre silencer removed but thinking about a decat

Is the crackle map just as good as a normal map on power gains? I'm guessing it the same but just a change in fueling or something on over run?

Interested in the answer to this too, have my centre silencer removed and want a few more crackles but want the power from a normal map?

You got your cat removed aswel ? Is it just a pipe or the proper decat pipe with the place for the sensor ? What's the flatspot like, I've got my centre silencer removed but thinking about a decat

Flatspot is absolutely shocking with a decat and centre silencer removed.

I have the pre cat in place still so just the second (main) cat and centre box gone and I wish I had them back to be honest....

I even had a remap done and it's made next to no difference :worried:

I had the silencer and second cat deleted a couple of weeks ago. Fast road conversions did all the pipe work. Custom made s/s pipe work with sensor fitted aswell. He angled the sensor so it's in the exhaust diagonally. It keeps the EML light off as it doesn't catch a lot of the emissions :smile: It spits, pops, bangs, crackles, farts and it'll probably make me a cup of coffee if I ask it nicely. It's going back to FRC for a remap though as that flat spot is noticeable.
It doesn't happen if you keep the car above 3000 rpm, it happens between 2500-3000rpm ish. It's only for a second or so. If you're booting it, you won't get it as the revs won't drop enough. If you're in second/third at low revs you'll notice until it picks up.

I had the silencer and second cat deleted a couple of weeks ago. Fast road conversions did all the pipe work. Custom made s/s pipe work with sensor fitted aswell. He angled the sensor so it's in the exhaust diagonally. It keeps the EML light off as it doesn't catch a lot of the emissions :smile: It spits, pops, bangs, crackles, farts and it'll probably make me a cup of coffee if I ask it nicely. It's going back to FRC for a remap though as that flat spot is noticeable.
It doesn't happen if you keep the car above 3000 rpm, it happens between 2500-3000rpm ish. It's only for a second or so. If you're booting it, you won't get it as the revs won't drop enough. If you're in second/third at low revs you'll notice until it picks up.

I take it the oxygen sensors are either side of the cat that get removed!?

If you take the cat out does the emissions light come on or not?

Last edited:
Does the second cat have an oxygen sensor in it then pal?

the first sensor is in the manifold before the manifold first cat - the second sensor is after the second cat as this is more a sensor to monitor the effeicincy of the cats and first sensor...

the first sensor is in the manifold before the manifold first cat - the second sensor is after the second cat as this is more a sensor to monitor the effeicincy of the cats and first sensor...

As always cheers for your reply.

If I decide to chop out the cat, will the emissions light come on do you know?

As always cheers for your reply.

If I decide to chop out the cat, will the emissions light come on do you know?

some do and some dont...depends if the engine/injection/ecu can meet the emissions without the help from a cat...

you can also buy a lambda shield i think its called this fits in the lambda hole and then that screws in to that to stop warning lights coming on

only real issue is meeting mot emissions regs as they have to have a cat if origanally fitted with one - so it means that its either re-fit mot time or find a "bent" tester to pass the car :blush:hmy:

some do and some dont...depends if the engine/injection/ecu can meet the emissions without the help from a cat...

you can also buy a lambda shield i think its called this fits in the lambda hole and then that screws in to that to stop warning lights coming on

only real issue is meeting mot emissions regs as they have to have a cat if origanally fitted with one - so it means that its either re-fit mot time or find a "bent" tester to pass the car :blush:hmy:

I'll probably have it put back in when mot's come round.