Centre silencer removal...again...

Hi :smile:

I know this has been covered hundreds of times before but i have a couple of questions as i'm a complete amateur when it comes to modding...

For the centre silencer removal;
1) What pipe is needed? ( length, material, diameter )
2) I dont track the car, is the flat spot that noticable?
3) Can you clamp the straight pipe in or does it need to be welded?

Any experiences/suggestions with be a great help :thumbup:

Cheers

i believe it has to be welded and got a flat spot which never had before taking out the silencer.
but the sound is wonderful its just a little more raw!
sorry cant help on length.

Seen this on eBay if it's any help, item number 111320014780

Not bought or fitted one on mine, just thought it would be the sort of thing you were looking for.

Seen this on eBay if it's any help, item number 111320014780

Not bought or fitted one on mine, just thought it would be the sort of thing you were looking for.

Thanks mate, is that the right part? I have no idea :worried: scares me as it says Decat ...

i believe it has to be welded and got a flat spot which never had before taking out the silencer.
but the sound is wonderful its just a little more raw!
sorry cant help on length.

Cheers mate, is the flat spot that much of a problem?

Thanks mate, is that the right part? I have no idea :worried: scares me as it says Decat ...

Cheers mate, is the flat spot that much of a problem?

I wouldn't worry about taking the cat out if anything take the cat and the silencer out it should still pass with one in.
I have both cats out and I'm debating if I should take the silencer out I love how mine sounds ATM but my local custom exhaust company said it will cost £130 for them to do it so I dunno what to do

I wouldn't worry about taking the cat out if anything take the cat and the silencer out it should still pass with one in.
I have both cats out and I'm debating if I should take the silencer out I love how mine sounds ATM but my local custom exhaust company said it will cost £130 for them to do it so I dunno what to do

Is the sound much different from having both cats out compared to just the silencer?

Is the sound much different from having both cats out compared to just the silencer?

I think It made a big difference it's like a sleeper intill you put you foot propaly down you can't really hear it just driving normally but then it just comes alive I like it. But I've decided to go for a scorpion exhaust which I'm getting next week and I never had the silence out, I'll try get a video for you over the weekend jordy

I think It made a big difference it's like a sleeper intill you put you foot propaly down you can't really hear it just driving normally but then it just comes alive I like it. But I've decided to go for a scorpion exhaust which I'm getting next week and I never had the silence out, I'll try get a video for you over the weekend jordy

Cheers mate yeah that will be good pal!

I considered this option myself, in the end I opted for a scorpion cat back exhaust system, I got the sound I was after and no flat spot and still has both cats. :smile:

I know I've not answered your question :tongueout:

I considered this option myself, in the end I opted for a scorpion cat back exhaust system, I got the sound I was after and no flat spot and still has both cats. :smile:

I know I've not answered your question :tongueout:
This is what I did, you can buy a cat back and choose either Resonated (with silencer) or non resonated centre section when you buy. I went for Resonated with Decat and it sounds 100x better than standard.
Removing silencer from standard exhaust has a lot of mixed reviews, some absolutely hate it and some love it. Quick search in here will give you all you need to know.

Warren -when you put the decat pipe on did you have any problems with the engine management warning light?

I can answer that I didn't have it come on and I have both out so no it dosent, it poped on for one day then went off. But I've been told it's a hit or miss if it comes on

I know this has been covered many times however when emailing some companies the prices are coming in around £130 so I thought this thread relates quite well. One company did say it'll be cheaper if I was to do it myself buying this item on ebay - 111320014780[FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif].
[/FONT]

So I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this, or can recommend anyone to do it in the Kent area? Thanks.

if you have a powerflow dealer in your area cause they did mine for £40. not saying they all work to the same price but worth a try.

@Henry..a week ago i had my ktec middle silencer chopped out due to faulty baffles and replaced by a straight pipe..check this:
link
much cheaper..and £130 is too much..a decent garage should be able to do it for you for far much less..

Thanks [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] I think I'll look into this. I won't be doing it myself so I'll be emailing around to see if anyone can do it for me. Unfortunately I don't have the tools or the know how to do such a thing.

I did a friend of mines delete pipe.
Simply chopped the old one out (angle grinder from Argos £15) and fitted the new slip pipe (from eBay advert £23)

I got the pipe off eBay and got a mechanic to pop round mine to do it. Screw spending 130 on it, that's daylight robbery!