Centre Console Re-cover

Hey all,

Made a "How to" a while ago about taking off the centre console and spraying it up. I didnt lacquer mine and it looked S**t, luckily I found this fabric at work (borrowed it) so thought I would have a go at wrapping it.

Heres how it looks now. I am chuffed, think it looks really good, all i used to stick it was a £3.08 can of spray adhesive from B&Q, used for sticking carpet tiles down etc....

SDC11628.jpg
SDC11627.jpg
SDC11626.jpg
SDC11624.jpg
SDC11623.jpg
SDC11622.jpg
SDC11621.jpg

Good and Bad Comments welcome :wink:

Will.

You can get alacantra by the meter on fleabay, as well as perforated leather (fake but looks the biz)

I would try that if i had a spare console facia :smile:

Good effort mate nice job , myself though im not too sure if i like or dislike the look , its a marmite look i think you either love or hate it

Leigh

impressed by the fit/finish there :thumbup:

i think i would have gone for a slightly different colour as the one used in those shots dont show it up too well - but still i like it :thumbup:

hmm not 100% sure tbh. love the fact ur doing something different i just think it looks like the climate control buttons etc are getting lost, its hard to explain. not bad tho

It is getting lost as it fitted behind the console due to the fabric being wrapped through the hole and Roy, this is the darkest of this type of material

I really like it. I think it blends in too well though, it probably stands out more when you see it in the flesh. I love the top console piece though.

Loiks very good matey, im thinking of getting the centre console painted black along with air vents and the strips liquid yellow but unsure of how the centre console trim comes off.. Any help appriciated.

Search for my how to thread, basic, gently prise off the dash strips (2 either side of centre console) then remove climate control suround and radio (must be disconnected and removed) then gently start at the top of centre console and pull away, 2 clips in line with climate control and 2 just under radio, just pull them off, then disconnect the stop/start button and hazards/door lock and your done :wink:

Great fit and finish mate. Not so keen on the material though, looks a little like carpet?

Good job though :thumbsup:

Sorry for late replies, no it's not carpet lol, I work for a company who makes car fabric interior, this is material from work, just an off cut that was being binned, and yes the radio has to come out before the trim will pull away from the dash