Centre box removal with decat

Hi folks,hit another problem with the Clio today. Was driving along the motorway and this rattle started to appear and got really bad an became obvious that it was coming from the exhaust which I just thought the bracket was loose on the decat that I not long ago got fitted so I stopped in at a garage and the centre box (the one after the decat) has cracked at the back and is blowing and rattling and they reckoned I need a whole new cat back system but then I came across an old thread on here about removing the centre box and Puting a straight pipe in which would solve my problem for a fraction of the price and sound alot nicer but would it be stupid to do that with the decat on or should I put the cat back on first? Cheers!

06 so I've no chance mate lol! Think it may be my only option without forking out for a cat back but dunno whether I should be Puting the cat back on first?

I can confirm that the standard exhaust with centre resonator removed is much quieter than a K-Tec cat back.

And OP, your first post is the longest sentence I've ever read!

Yeah I agree it is quite a drag of a story,got a bit carried away lol. So should I leave the decat on? Or am I better with cat if I'm removing thc centre resonator?

im running with the center bit removed, massive flat spot around 2000-2500 RPM but it does pop like nothing else when shes cold.. i dont think its "too" loud, in fact its just right for me..

Edit: keep the Cat on.. i presume the flat spot will be even bigger...

Take a grinder to it mate, sounds lovely with that centre silencer missing. There's ways around the flatspot, just don't plant your foot at low revs. :smile:

I reckon I'm just going to get it done lol,it's already been mapped with the decat on sp hopefully shouldn't see thar much of a flat spot

The centre silencer makes more of a difference to the flatspot then you'd imagine.

In fact, Litchy has just ADDED a centre silencer to his Supersprint system because the silencer-less pipe had made the flatspot return.