Center Box Replacement with straight pipe - Birmingham Area - **Vid!!!**

Got it done today.
Jesus it sounds raspy as hell.

I'll stick the vid up when I get a chance.
Should have been like this from standard.
Loving it.

Just got this done today, sounds great!

BUT

Before the box was removed i never really felt any kind of flat spot at all, but now there is a very, very large flat spot (mainly second gear) at 2.3-2.5k!
Pretty annoying. Really does have a pause in power now.
Just a warning to people.

Yeah it is more evident.

But, if you stay above 3,000 RPM in 2nd then you'll never notice it. :smiley:

Also, if you're progressive with the throttle (as you should be anyway according to trackday tutors) and don't just wedge your foot to the floor then it greatly reduces the effect of it. :wink:

I popped along to Longlife in Heyes yesterday to have them look at this, they wanted £120 (apparently he would need to remove the whole system and it could take up to 2 hours)

Obviously i didnt stick about to get this done at that price! Anyone know anywhere worthwhile visiting in and around the Berkshire area that wont charge so much?

If this was done and I kept the centre silencer, how easy is this to be reversed?!?

eg Silencer put back on.

I popped along to Longlife in Heyes yesterday to have them look at this, they wanted £120 (apparently he would need to remove the whole system and it could take up to 2 hours)

Obviously i didnt stick about to get this done at that price! Anyone know anywhere worthwhile visiting in and around the Berkshire area that wont charge so much?

They were obviously talking complete BS.

This is a great mod!! makes the car sound great from outside but inside I'm none the wiser! Mines sounds pretty much the same inside the car apart from a slight increase in noise when on full throttle, when cruising its just the same!! Had to get someone to drive my car down the road whilst I stood and listened to them floor it off down the road!!! Excellent!! :jase:

Mine sounds crazy inside if I'm giving it some, not so much if I'm being steady! £120 wtf!! Rip off, easy job for any exhaust place to do!

I've not heard mine from outside yet, but there's massive difference inside now. Above 4k RPM it's rasp all the way. Pops like a beast through 1st and 2nd also.

Mine's a little louder inside when crusing along at 30,50,70 etc. but it's a lot louder under load.

From the outside it's immense. :smiley:

When I got it done I took the car out for a drive and was flooring it, there is a differece but not that much, when I got home I wasnt that impressed, thought to myself that It didnt seem to do much!!. Then I stood with my foot in the door and gave it a rev and it sounded mental, then as I said, had to get my brother to take it for a drive whilst I stood and listened! Then I was massively impressed!!!!! It sounds truly epic popping and banging through the gears!!! Best £30 I have ever spent!!!

Last edited:
Also Willis how do the renaultsport tips look??? What diameter are they?? Want to put some sort of tips on the exhaust as it will complete the look!

I *think* they're 60mm, I really like them as I think it just makes it look a bit different to standard without having two hulking great pipes coming out of the diffuser. I wasn't sure wether to get them or not so I just fitted one at first to see the difference and I think it finishes the rear end off quite nicely. I'll get a picture up for you tomorrow mate. :wink:

They're a bit fiddly to fit as to do it properly and hide the clamps, you have to sort of wriggle the clamps through the tailpipe holes in the diffuser so you can't see them when you look at the back of the car. It can be done without removing the diffuser if you're patient!!! :smiley: