Center Box Replacement with straight pipe - Birmingham Area - **Vid!!!**

This is why I haven't got mine done yet, I'm sure it's not tooo bad but I don't want any flat spot.

no its not that bad, its bearable! but just annoyingly more noticeable.. I go on holiday next week, will book it in for a remap when i get home..

Hey C-BASS you got the link for ebay company who made ur sleeve...was thinking of doing it myself as well ?

Cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Exhaust-Pipe-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa02cd367

MIJexhausts is what the company is called.
I think the diameter of the standard exhaust is 60.5mm or so, I got mine made up at 63mm and it was slightly to big, had to do a slight mod, also they sent me 70mm clamps which I swapped with a local hardware store for 67mm, which pulled it together nice and tight, also use plenty of exhaust paste to seal it up well to prevent it blowing. you can get it made to whatever length you are planning to cut out. Paid for it on the wednesday and had it made and delivered to me by friday so seem to be a good company.

If you drive the car properly, you cant notice a flat spot. If you let it bog down in the wrong gear at 2500rpm then its slightly more noticeable.

If you drive the car properly, you cant notice a flat spot. If you let it bog down in the wrong gear at 2500rpm then its slightly more noticeable.

+1.

If you floor it at 2,000RPM then it's you're own fault, it's not a Turbo, it has no torque down there.

Apply the throttle progressively as you should and it's hard to notice the flat spot at all to be honest.

For anyone in the midlands considering this, I'd look for somewhere other than Torqueflow. They've clearly realised this is popular, and stuck the price up to £60 as a consequence. I'm looking for somewhere else to do the work, will report back if I find a reasonable quote.

For anyone in the midlands considering this, I'd look for somewhere other than Torqueflow. They've clearly realised this is popular, and stuck the price up to £60 as a consequence. I'm looking for somewhere else to do the work, will report back if I find a reasonable quote.

Tell Fred to pull his finger out and sort us out.

dude id still go and see Imi @torqueflow hes just done some work for me on the GP and his work is very good

I'll be getting my box welded back on soon. Will sell pipe and clamps when I do. Just need to cut old box off and fit my bits then.

dude id still go and see Imi @torqueflow hes just done some work for me on the GP and his work is very good

50% increase in price over a few weeks is a rip-off, regardless of the quality. If it was a £40 job for them 6-8 weeks ago, there's no justification for it going up that much.

50% increase in price over a few weeks is a rip-off, regardless of the quality. If it was a £40 job for them 6-8 weeks ago, there's no justification for it going up that much.

Seems a strange increase maybe he undersold it before? I paid £50 for him to make a bolt in cat for me which took about 1hr

His hourly rate is £35 I think + the cost of materials