Center Box Replacement with straight pipe - Birmingham Area - **Vid!!!**

just seen this thread and read it through, now want it done too! lol
Would there be any warranty issues?
Can anyone recomend a place in Essex that would do a decent job?

Yes, your exhaust and possibly cat would no longer be covered. However, manufacturers only usually cover these aspects of the car for 12 months anyway.

Got the centre box took out today instead and sounds better than it being with the centre box also cant really notice a diffrence with the flat spot best £40 iv spent lol

Where did you get yours done Chaz?

Looks like we'll all have good sounding cars for the next run.

Its booked it to get fitted next Friday. Hopefully the exhaust is delivered before then lol.

well i might be getting mine done but they are after 80 quid!?! This seems a bit steep? Is it just a case of cutting it out or does it unbolt?

I think it needs cutting? I'm going to ask them to make mine connect via a flange rather than a sleeve sort of fitment and see if they'll do that. Mine's booked in for tomorrow... The lad said it'll be ''between £55-75'' depending on how long it takes them. I had a cheaper quote of £45, but that was 18Miles each way instead of 7Miles each way so I'd probably be no better off considering V-Power prices.

Im so tempted to do this...would like to know how you get on Willis as im in manchester area and would be good to use the place you found

Will report back tomorrow afternoon mate. :wink:

I'm using Top Gear Stockport, up on Bredbury Industrial Estate. They're a Longlife centre and have a good reputation, plus they do bits for Profile Automotive who look after my servicing... Profile are ran by the ex head mechanic of Audi's Group B Rally team, so if TGS are good enough for him then I'll trust them. :thumbsup:

I heard Deako's on Sunday and it sounds amazing. Considering getting mine done too. Think this is becoming a trend now. Dotty was the first person I know who had it done and when the car was hot when we were driving round Wales, the sound it made was fantastic!

I must've watched Deako's video about 15 times over the last few days hahaha!!!

Mine pops on upshifts and burbles on the overrun anyway so hopefully this will just add to that as well as bring some more rasssp-i-ness. :smiley:

I paid 30quid for mine, watched them do it, they chopped centre box out and welded new pipe in, heard it for first time while outside with it driving today as my sister drove it, sounded lush!!