Cars recall

Eddie,
I have to dis-agree in that recalls are part of the development process, they are no such thing and as an engineer for JLR I should know (although I accept that at times some customers may not think so). The development process relies on both manufacturer testing and supplier testing, so manufacturers some times rely on their suppliers to confirm part is fit for production. unfortunately in some cases parts are found to fail prematurely for a multitude of reasons and the manufacturing processes are found to be deficient and when this is evident recalls are issued. Manufacturers go out of their way to prevent recalls (although some customers may not feel it is that way) as recalls, along with vehicle breakdowns, are the easiest way to lose present and future customers.

Ive been inactive for months so only seeing this now. As a service advisor for Renault / Nissan I firmly believe that recalls are part of the development process. The J11 Qashqai is an example, Nissan rushed production and as such the early models are affected, in some cases, by up to 5 recalls for various issues. The cars which are now being produced are not affected by any of these issues. I concede that testing occurs by suppliers and manufacturers but I'd say rarely is "real world" and day to day driving are replicated.

Similar Thread Suggestions