Car wouldnt start? :S

Last night i had to leave my car where i parked it as it just would not turn on :\

i only parked up for about 20mins. When i went to turn the engine on, nothing happened, all i could hear was the electronics turning on under the bonnet. All my electrics like windows, headlights, radio etc were all working fine.

This evening i went back to see if i could get it started again and i took my dad with me, he said try bump starting it. So he got in the car and i pushed him down the road and he got it started!!!!

The car drove perfect all the way back to my house. But when we switched the car off when i got home, it done exactly the same thing again, wouldnt start up. The engine doesnt turn over either :\

What could be the problem?? Im thinking starter motor? but does these cars have a starter motor like other cars because of the push start button we have???

Reece..

There was another case like this a while ago and it was his starter motor will have a look

I dunt know much about these cars as I've jst got one, but must engines that have a starter motor always have a few leads going to them, high power leads from the battery and a smaller power lead called the exciter wire, that when you turn the ignition or push button in this case sends a power feed down the wire telling the starter motor solinoid to open and turn over, check that it has not come loose or become dirty, have you checked fuses n the like? Hope this helps but as I say I dunt know much about these cars yet lol so dunt take this as gospel.

they have a "normal" starter like ordinary cars

its not unknown for them to fail.....

they are located at the gearbox side of the engine under the rear mounted exhaust manifold...