Car went into safe mode???

pacenotes

Platinum Member
Hi folks

Just had a new problem. See if you can come up with a solution.. Yesterday when I just left the house on the way to work at the first set of traffic lights the yellow spanner came on and a warning saying 'Check injection' it also wouldn't rev over 3k so it seems it went into safe mode. It drove ok except the loss of revs and after getting to work just down the road I turned off the engine and restarted it and it was fine. As if nothing had happened. I got home fine last night so I thought it was all lovely again. But this morning the same thing happened at a traffic lights slow moving traffic. But did a restart and it was fine.

Any ideas what it could be? Think Ill need to get it onto a diagnostics computer. Anyway a jo blogs could do that with out having to go to a dealer?

Last edited:
If Joe Bloggs has access to a compatible computer then he most certainly can. A simply OBD fault code reader MAY give you an answer too. Most decent mechanics will have a computer of some sort that should help get to the bottom of your problem.

i use fuel made from liquidised rhino's (vpower) and never had any issues

Mine spits it's dummy out on cold starts with momentum, no power, feels like engine is being starved, and sounds like it has anti lag

So this is still happening, Its my first day off where I can have a look at the car, Any ideas what I should be looking for?

Im going to take the TDC & Camshaft sensors out and give them a clean and a look over but any other items I should look at?

Car computer had a fault saying engine misfire and I cleared it but the fault keeps coming back, But does not show up on the computer.....

So this is still happening, Its my first day off where I can have a look at the car, Any ideas what I should be looking for?

Im going to take the TDC & Camshaft sensors out and give them a clean and a look over but any other items I should look at?

Car computer had a fault saying engine misfire and I cleared it but the fault keeps coming back, But does not show up on the computer.....

U need to check the car on clip , if u lived in Northern Ireland I could have checked it for u as I have my own clip:smile: don't waste time guessing at sensors get it checked on clip

U need to check the car on clip , if u lived in Northern Ireland I could have checked it for u as I have my own clip:smile: don't waste time guessing at sensors get it checked on clip

Cheers for the offer bit of a drive tho :wink: I am from Ireland so if Im ever back you'll be the first to know :wink:

Anyway thought I would get the sensors cleaned and see what happened and got the TDC out and it had a couple of metal flakes on it and some dirt so cleaned it and put it back in and went to the Cam sensor and then found out its a 8mm bolt so put it back together to go get a 8mm upstairs and decided to try start it and it worked fine. Went for a drive and it was also fine.

Back to work tomorrow for a week so lets see what happens...

Mine did the same thing after some rather spirited driving.

Did it a couple of days in a row (would be fine after on and off again), however driven perfectly since.

Got it on CLIP today and it turns out it was the camshaft sensor.

They also reset the aircon which wasn't working and it now works! They also said that if it breaks down again to bring it back as renault were replacing the compressor for free until next year.