Car not starting :(*

Last Tuesday I went to start the car it opened fine and the press brake and start button came up, but after pressing the button, nothing happened car would not start. Phoned the garage local garage they came over and took it away, they couldn't find the fault and put it to Renault thinking it was an immobiliser issue.
Renault looked at it and I was told the guy checked it couldn't start it went for lunch came back and it started? They couldn't find the problem but the car is now starting, so they kept it another day and it was still working fine after that so I got it back.
Last night when driving it I got the service spanner saying check abs, air bag, ESP and passenger air bag, I have seen these before when the weather was really bad like it was last night. Anyway got in the car today and nothing no power what so ever, battery dead, only reason I could get in the car was because it was open, and am sure I locked it last night.
So local garage came over and used one of those battery chargers and the lights came on, but wouldn't start like last Tuesday. So they tried a new battery and the same all power back but won't start! It won't even lock the doors now. So it will have to go back to Renault again, so annoyed cause they couldn't find anything the first time and unsure what will happen now. It was perfect from Friday when I got it back until last night.
Any of you guys have any idea what might be wrong with it?

Last edited:
At least the car will have logged some errors this time mate, fingers crossed they can find the problem for you

I would go with a UPC from that description... Next to the battery on the right hand side... Take the cover off an check it for water ingress / see how hot it is. That would be my first port of call

I would go with a UPC from that description... Next to the battery on the right hand side... Take the cover off an check it for water ingress / see how hot it is. That would be my first port of call

Will do thanks, what is UPC? my car knowledge is not good lol.

Last edited:
Water in the electrics maybe??? Brother had an evo that had a leak that allowed water to get into the loom, it wouldn't start either??