car feels bouncy on road

i only just bought a clio rs200 its not a cup its standard suspension and find it very bouncy and stiff is this what they are like or have i got a issue

Yeah that's normal mate. Damping isn't great tbh.

I have a 200 with cup chassis and standard seats & a meg 265 with cup chassis and recaros.

The 265 is like a rolls Royce in comparison.

I drive my mates 2011 Golf GTD to work and back and then get in my 200 and think what the hell is this! The ride is terrible like but worth it on back roads.

I've just bought one with cup suspension and h&r lowering springs. It's virtually un drive able . Will going back to standard springs be softer?

I had a r26r far better ride

May I ask what made you go from the R26R to the Clio?

I've just bought one with cup suspension and h&r lowering springs. It's virtually un drive able . Will going back to standard springs be softer?

I fitted H&Rs and took them off after 1 month. Even though I found this setup spot on on smooth roads/track, on bouncy roads is simply nasty...Std springs are very expensive to buy from renault but they appear on 'for sale' section quite regularly.

Reactions: dredd123
sold the r26r 2 years ago ive had about 5 cars sine leon k1 focus rs e92 m3, ant long come out of jail lol so wanted somthing cheap and fast to be honest lol

To the OP - check you don't have h&r springs from the previous owner.

My 197 non-cup felt like a limo but when I switched to cup dampers & H&Rs it felt like I was driving a pogo stock.

The 200 non-cup is softer than the 197 so I'm surprised you find it too stiff.

Out of the spring kits available the Eibachs are much more comfortable and still provide a good level of lowering.