Car choice help

Hi all,

Need some advice. Just sold my clio and looking for a replacement for a year or so until i can save enough for something proper. Got about £4k to spend and looking at the following options:

Audi s3
Seat Leon cupra r
Megane 225
Civic type r

Need to stay within those insurance groups to not affect my insurance massively. Anyone got any suggestions/past experiences?

Cheers

For 4K I'd be buying a Clio Trophy, still got the hard handling and has Recaros.

It'll be worth the same in 12 months time, and it's cheap to run. Just make sure the Sach suspension has been referbished

buy a pile of crap for £500 with 12 months mot and save on fuel/insurance/car tax & put the cash in a isa

you will get a years cheap motoring and £500 back for it in 12 months time with more to spent for a better example in future.

buy a pile of crap for £500 with 12 months mot and save on fuel/insurance/car tax & put the cash in a isa

you will get a years cheap motoring and £500 back for it in 12 months time with more to spent for a better example in future.

+1 I'd be doing this too

Regarding 172/182's don't want to go backwards in terms of speed etc. Call me boy racer whatever every car i have had has been a step up in terms of performance. In terms of **** piece paid by insurance upfront so would only pay few hundred quid to change to the above mentioned cars. In terms of saving that's not an issue. I am in a job that the opportunity to earn silly money in 2 years is very much on the cards so after this car it will probably be an e92 m3... Between those cars what would everyone have?

Audi S3 out of all those if it was to be a 'step up' as such. The others aren't