Car brakes by itself under heavy cornering?

Hello,

Here's the situation. Yesterday it was quite warm 22 degrees C.

I took the Clio for a spin, and in the first slow miles I already take a long corner at high speed. I instantly sensed something vibrating through the wheel. When I released throttle, the car braked by itself, to correct the way I'm going (prolly ESP)

A corner later (I travelled 10miles on highway): the vibration was gone, but it interferred again...

I did notice that the front tiers are almost gone (2mm away from indicator block).

What do you guys think: were my tiers not properly warmed up? Or is this because of the state of the tiers?

Thanks in advance, I'm always worried about such things...

It's clever stuff stability control.

The merc van i had in my last job had it, brilliant in the snow, amazing how it pulled it straight.

I did not notice any light tbh.

The things I was doing are things that I could do before without interuption.

So there must have been an external factor.

Sure hope my remaining 3-4mm will be enough to have some decent fun and grip on a trackday...:worried:

The ESP system in the 197 really is a great piece of kit. Many say switch it off for trackdays but i've always thought that was foolish. it certainly isnt too intrusive, allows you to get in trouble before saving you, and can it save you from some epic situations you can get into.

The ESP system in the 197 really is a great piece of kit. Many say switch it off for trackdays but i've always thought that was foolish. it certainly isnt too intrusive, allows you to get in trouble before saving you, and can it save you from some epic situations you can get into.

wise words and totally agree here :foxspeed:

ESP is fine but I've had the traction control cut in at moments where you really didnt want a sudden cut in power and front wheels under engine braking.