200: Cannot tax car some advice please

Hi my car tax runs out this month and mot is 5/3/13 but I've had my tax reminder and took my logbook and insurance certificate to post office an the woman on desk said they can't do it cause I don't have an mot so I said well it hasn't had its first one yet so how can I give you an mot? So after this I was going to my renault lookers dealer to book service and the woman there said just do it online so I've just tried now and it still cannot recognize the mot ?? Tried phoning but they are now closed.

Has anybody come across this before??

Don't no what to do.
Thanks

Also you can mot the car a month early then it's due I think

This is correct. And if you tell the tester that its being tested early you should get the certificate for the year plus how many days early the text was. I know this because I've done this. However you should still be able to tax the car as you have all the required documents.

I put the reference number in and it doesn't recognize an mot so I dunno what to do the at us booked in this Wednesday for service and test hopefully it'll pass sure its got some sort of decat on but the previous owner said it would pass.

its because the tax due is for march and your mot isnt valid/done for the month the tax is for - so potentially if you taxed it you could drive it without an mot ;/

i did something similar with an insurance cert - the new one hadnt arrived so i tried the old one and got refused....:tongueout:inky:

if you car has a decat, i would not think it would pass emmisions ?

are there not new mot regs that state the mot station has to check one is fitted?

if you car has a decat, i would not think it would pass emmisions ?

are there not new mot regs that state the mot station has to check one is fitted?

Our 200 passed its first MOT last week without a CAT. Emissions we fine.

I haven't even looked underneath but do remember prev owner saying it WOULD pass so fingers crosses.

Burgess I can't tax it tho without the mot this is my point they won't let me

Normally taxing online it goes through, only needing an MOT for that day really.

They must have cottened on to it.