Cams

Lots of ££££

I dont know what difference there could be as there is only a very small ammount you can do cam wise on a 197 without needing new pistons!

Not strictly true, depends how you set lift at tdc.

As for difference, I can only comment on Catcams being a catcams dealer, but they are ground from drop forged billets and have a two week heat treatment programe. Hence they are a quality bit of kit.

I think there's also not a point to put some wild cams with a bare stock engine, I think. If I am spending money on a set of wild cams I would try to get the best of them, that's what they are made for, and I don't know if you agree with me Craig, but with a stock engine you can't get the full potential of those camshafts.

Not strictly true, depends how you set lift at tdc.

As for difference, I can only comment on Catcams being a catcams dealer, but they are ground from drop forged billets and have a two week heat treatment programe. Hence they are a quality bit of kit.

Why do cat recommend new pistons for anything wilder than 402s then? Also why do the cup racers run them?

What would be the point in having the cams and not maximising the potential?

I have 402s in mine! Slight difference so you may as well go wilder!

They dont recomend "new pistons".

Obviously piston:valve clearance has to be sufficient...that doesnt mean new pistons though, there are various ways of increasing this.