197: Cambelt snapped : help

Hi has anyone had there cambelt snapped under 5years?
If so what did you do?
Renualt in Derby are going to take it apart as it's 2 months under then 5 year warranty. Should I let them do this or sort this out myself.
Help needed thanks

I pick mine up on Saturday and the belt is due in December so I took a 12 month warranty out just incase this happens. Also interested in the mentioned 5 year warranty?

If the cars under warranty they'll fix it all for free up to the correct standard.

Just because they state a 5 year service interval doesn't mean it's covered by the manufacturer if it should fail. What's the mileage mate? Were you revving the nuts off it?

There saying the belt has a 5 year warranty on it.
It got 40,000 on.
I was only goin 30 so hope it's not damage anything

If you can get it done under warranty mate then all good.

I have had discussions with RUK regarding a thread i have on this forum. They hinted they would "look into" the situation if the cam belt snapped before the service interval. But they did not say it would be covered fully..

hopefully it only bent valves and didnt damage the valve seats, pistons etc.

but if your within your 5 year warranty, i dont see why they shouldnt sort it. otherwise whats the point of the warranty?!

I dont want to put you off, but im just going to let you know that all of my dealings with the Co-operative Derby (its not an official Renault garage) have been crap. I now go out of my way to travel to Renaults garage in Nottingham if ever i need anything.

I hope you are able to report a better service than i have had in the past.

I dont want to put you off, but im just going to let you know that all of my dealings with the Co-operative Derby (its not an official Renault garage) have been crap. I now go out of my way to travel to Renaults garage in Nottingham if ever i need anything.

I hope you are able to report a better service than i have had in the past.
Just to say there isn't any official Renault dealers out there, Renault themself no longer have dealerships - there all franchises, \so if its flying the flag of Renault then they have to abide by Renaults Terms & Conditions etc, Just like Arnold Clark, Evanshalshaw etc, all franchises - but still have to under take Warranty work

Just do I've got this straight, you've not taken out any extended warranty etc? But as standard the cam belts are covered up to five years because that's the service interval?

Never heard of that before, live and learn I suppose. Here's hoping they sort it for you. In the past renault have been brilliant with warranty claims for me, it was just their level of service in other areas I can't stand.

Similar Thread Suggestions