Cambelt change

The quote's I've been getting are for the job lot: So cam belt kit, aux belt kit, water pump, dephaser pulley + fitting and VAT.

I hope they don't mind me putting up the prices they've quoted but here goes. £720 from Birchdown and £660 from RSC Europe.

I appreciate it's a fair job, guessing 5 hours labour, but you can buy all the parts needed for £310 - all genuine Renault from here.

ALS Performance are coming back at £460 so it's substantially cheaper. They've even told me their labour rate is £30 an hour and it's based on 5 hours work.

Good price that at ALS, especially with dephaser! Plus you get a nice drive up to the lakes.

Yeah it's decent, I was going to ring a local Renault dealer for a laugh but going off what I've read a quote in excess of a grand wouldn't be unusual for them! - Don't know how they justify that. I know a dealer will have more overheads than a smaller operation but even so.

I think unless you get a switched on dealer there not really interested. However useful to get a price just so you know how much your saving (plus a laugh )

Harratts in pontefract come in about 500 as do RS tuning in Leeds, although I don't think that includes dephaser.apparently they are good for 2 cambelt services on the 197/200, unless anyone heard diff?

I've read that the dephaser pulley is a bit better on the 197/200 but my train of thought is while everything is off it may as well be done at the same time, I'd hate to have all the belts and pump changed for the pulley to start playing up a year or so down the line. At least I know everything will be good through my ownership of the car then.

Harratts in pontefract come in about 500 as do RS tuning in Leeds, although I don't think that includes dephaser.apparently they are good for 2 cambelt services on the 197/200, unless anyone heard diff?

197/200 are reliable and quite robust unlike the 172/182 ones....