Cambelt change, where to go? (South West UK)

Frank Perry

Platinum Member
Hey all, first post so apologies if it's in the wrong place!

Looking to get the full works done with the cambelt replacement, including water pump, dephaser pulley, aux belt etc. I can buy the entire genuine renault kit for around 300, just need to know where's the best place to take it to get it done correctly?

I've read A LOT about how a normal garage just wouldn't cut it and could potentially end up causing more hassle etc. So, I'd like to take it to a professional who knows what they're doing.

I've got a 197 on a 56 plate, 78,200 miles roughly and when I bought it, the service book says the belts etc had been done recently. Upon searching through the reciepts and checking the service book, i don't believe they were ever done at all. In fact, i noticed that the ticks in the service book next to belts etc were a different colour blue than every previous tick in the book, and different to the one on the normal service box. So, 12 years and no real proof the belts have ever been touched!

Kinda desperate here!

I live in Bristol (South West, UK). The only place I can find is Ktec in Bournemouth. Any other suggestions? Happy to leave the car for a few days etc.

Also, on a side note, I'm looking at getting the clutch replaced too as the CSC bearing is making that annoying squeal, so if funds permit (I'll make them) then happy to get belts and clutch replaced at the same time. Happy to provide parts unless price is beaten on what I can pick them up for. Only really prefer providing the parts as I know they are genuine parts and not cheap aftermarket!

Anyhow, i make a great cuppa and can give a hand - not the most mechanical guy but I know plenty to be of some use.

Can also return the favour in any IT support, I work as an IT engineer so can repair or fix pretty much anything IT related

Thanks guys!!

Similar Thread Suggestions