Cambelt Change

Alright everyone. I'm due the change in a couple of months so I'm starting to get some prices together. Can anybody tell me a list of parts that are advised to be exchanged please. Ill get a price of Karl if possible. Also can anybody recommend a decent garage around the hartlepool area for the job.

I need to have a read to make sure my warranty isn't void if I take it elsewhere from the dealer.

Cheers, Josh.

The kit supplied by Renault is made by Gates. You can buy the Gates stuff without the Renault logo on for less than the Renault branded stuff.

1 x aux belt kit

1 x cambelt kit

1 x large camshaft cylinder head blanking plug

1 x small camshaft cylinder head blanking plug

1 x water pump

1 x 5ltr of coolant

Because if a part was to fail that he didnt supply it would still fall back on him even if the part was at fault i believe

I'd rather have a garage supply fit so if it goes tits up they sort everything out without the headache.

Because if a part was to fail that he didnt supply it would still fall back on him even if the part was at fault i believe

Surely not.. If i was to buy a headlamp and a garage fitted it and it died that's the parts fault, not the garage? Saying all this something like a cambelt change id get done all inclusive, less hassle ;/

But a headlight is a headlight. You're talking of an event that could destroy you're engine.

What if the kit you bought included a lesser quality bolt for say the idler pulley, and it sheared destroying your engine...you'd go straight to whoever fitted it blaming them.

why should a garage give any warranty on someone elses parts.....

your only paying labour to fit the parts so that should be the only part they are "responsible" for!

if its fitted "wrong" they sort it if the part is "faulty" you go to the parts supplier....see where this is going!!!

I got the car through Evans Halshaw so not sure if I would be required to take the car to them in order to maintain the warrenty. If it goes in to the dealers ill get them to do the seals on the B pillar too. Nowhere near enough time to do it myself constantly working. Cheers everyone for the advice and tips so far.

why should a garage give any warranty on someone elses parts.....

your only paying labour to fit the parts so that should be the only part they are "responsible" for!

if its fitted "wrong" they sort it if the part is "faulty" you go to the parts supplier....see where this is going!!!

try having that arguement after the fact. if it were to break, the customer would always want everything fixed and it would always be your fault in their view. It's literally not worth picking up a spanner for

Exactly this!

We dont fit customer supplied products in my line of work, and i totally agree with this here. For some reason its the same advice given on here, ooooh buy the bits off karl, then get someone to fit it..... Why?? opens a massive can of hassle imo.

And other wired things on this forum, sprint boosters and enlarged TB's...... lol!