Calling all Cyclists - Roof mounted bike rack?

I agree with everyone saying put it in the car. I normally just put my bike in an old duvet cover. It stops the car getting scratched or dirty.

A lot of the trails I go to have nice roads on the way there, I wouldn't want to drive them with my 24" bike hang off the roof or side!

Last edited:
ive currently got the thule aero bars and the 530 freeride on my 197, fits no problem and all seems fairly secure with the locking system.

that said, wouldn't fancy leaving the car unattended for too long with the bike on top as the locks don't look that 'thief proof'

all depends what you need them for, i'll only ever have the bike on the roof when i'm in the car anyway, whenever i'm not i'll be on the bike !

I have the ones pictured on the previous page. Thule aero and 2x thule 591 pro ride. Bikes are very secure.

However, there are only 200 combinations of thule locks and they are written on the barrels. A pro thief would carry all 200 and could have your bikes away in 5 minutes.

My bikes will only ever be on the car while im driving or actually watching the car. So im not too worried.