Bye Bye MK III RS

Yeh, reading the PH article on the R26.r they seemed to be expecting a special run out edition of the 200 but like everyone it seems they'll be disappointed.

I think it really is a goodbye/aurevoir to the true spirit of the RS Clio, sad days.

I bet it's not even got a plaque in it. :worried:

Ah well, onwards and upwa... Actually, maybe not. :worried:

Well at least everyone on here can say they own or have owned one of the greatest ever FWD cars. You know when you read or watch something waxing lyrical about the 205 GTi, well in ten years time they'll be comparing things back to the current generation of hot hatch and telling our kids; ''Things aren't what they used to be, how would this stack up to a Type-R or 197/200 of old!?!''... And having owned a 205 GTi (the better handling 1.6), I can assure you that that 197/200 p!sses all over it. In every single way possible. Don't look at it as the end of an era, be greatful that you're lucky enough to own and drive one and know that what you've got is something special. The Mk.4 is the ultimate Marmite car, I think the looks will grow on people, but for me it's lost a bit of it's soul now the F4R has been retired...

In the current financial climate, I can see myself driving my 197 in 10 years time. As I don't really need my car for work (London Underground........) it is fun miles all the way, and as long as it is well maintained should last a good few years yet.

I also think that at 44 with growing kids (6 & 10) my next car is going to end up being a bit more relaxing to drive and at the moment, I don't even want to think about it. My kids love going round roundabouts and other corners :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gilmos1 Clio 200T Area 10
C Clio General Chat 14
Webby Clio General Chat 27
T Other Renault Sports 37
Roy Clio General Chat 40