Bye 200, hello 265 Trophy (6/50)

u6egagyq.jpgapu5ysep.jpgy2ajamug.jpg

She's home!

What a car....

Feel so much more confined/held in/secure compared to the clio. Hard to explain but its such a nice place to be.

Build quality is a lot better than the Clio too, seems very well put together and a lot more 'German' as Kevin put it.

Little bit more noise from the road because of the 19s and low profile tyres but that's nothing.

Nice to have that extra power, no need to drop to 3rd / 4th to over take people, just foot down, change lane and job done.

Had a big smile all the way home, was on the phone to Kevin, planted my foot after I left a gap in traffic on the m25 and just laughed to myself. An absolute pleasure to drive.

As great as the clios are, the meg to me just seems better in every way and I don't think ill look back - now can't wait to get back in and drive it!

The pics upload are pretty poop and it is dark so will try get some better ones

Last edited:
I hope you didn't clean her.

Certainly did! Nice to give her a final wash and say bye to her gleaming rather than looking all dirty.

Was a little sad to leave her behind as i did love the car, but then i stepped into the 265 and things are even better!

Are you aware of how the monitor works?

and if you hit the abs off button then it engages the last pedal law setting.

Knowing Paul it will be on extreme. I have mine to extreme just to give it the even more of an edge for country road overtakes. TC is off with it tho.......

for trackdays i suggest linear.

Are you aware of how the monitor works?

and if you hit the abs off button then it engages the last pedal law setting.

Knowing Paul it will be on extreme. I have mine to extreme just to give it the even more of an edge for country road overtakes. TC is off with it tho.......

for trackdays i suggest linear.

i pressed a few buttons and came across the pedal setting which while i was in sport mode it said 'extreme'. Other than that ive not had too long looking at it as i was driving

Any other things useful to know?

if you then use the wheel on the back you can alter the setting.

You can also alter at what point the shift beep comes in.

Just watch the rear end that likes to come round on a full tank.

The tyres are also not right good in cold weather.

Had a big smile all the way home, was on the phone to Kevin, planted my foot after I left a gap in traffic on the m25 and just laughed to myself. An absolute pleasure to drive.

Driving it like miss daisy most days, it sometimes catches me out how quick it goes. 3rd gear is just insane, an overtake that would take several seconds in the Clio is almost over before you've thought about it, which makes a big difference when trying to make progress against the mongs.

Oh and while the 'extreme' mapping is good for a laugh it makes the car nigh on undriveable as it's near impossible to do anything other than full throttle.

Driving it like miss daisy most days, it sometimes catches me out how quick it goes. 3rd gear is just insane, an overtake that would take several seconds in the Clio is almost over before you've thought about it, which makes a big difference when trying to make progress against the mongs.

Oh and while the 'extreme' mapping is good for a laugh it makes the car nigh on undriveable as it's near impossible to do anything other than full throttle.

The power is very addictive :smile:

Yeah, on extreme you just need the slightest dab on the throttle, for poodling in town I may just leave it on normal.

Ill have to have a good look at it all tomorrow

Last edited:
I would leave it in normal mode mate.

Believe me at this time if year a very unobtrusive TC system will activate easily.

To get the best out of the car you need to load the front up a little more than the Clio under breaking/turn in.

IMO that is.

Is linear the setting below extreme then? So a little less harsh?

Is it only in sport mode you can make the changes? So can't make normal mode linea and leave sport as extreme?

as.previously said, ill need to have a good look through it all - yesterday I set off straight away, tried to have a little look while driving but it was dark so was concentrating more / getting used to the car

Why 400? So that you never hear it?

It beeps 400 revs before the red line. Perfect for my reaction time to shift quickly!!

You can't change the standard map when in normal mode, but it will save your map for sport mode. I think extreme is a bit too, well, extreme!

The only reason it feels better is when you have 40% throttle on, in normal mode, that's 30% throttle, but in extreme it's 100%, so it instantly feels quicker, however you'd get the same sensation if you put your foot down!!

It beeps 400 revs before the red line. Perfect for my reaction time to shift quickly!!

You can't change the standard map when in normal mode, but it will save your map for sport mode. I think extreme is a bit too, well, extreme!

The only reason it feels better is when you have 40% throttle on, in normal mode, that's 30% throttle, but in extreme it's 100%, so it instantly feels quicker, however you'd get the same sensation if you put your foot down!!

Ahh ok, thanks.

Ill have to have a look and see how all the different throttle levels feel

Sounds like a sprintbooster.

Similar Thread Suggestions