Button under the Gas Peddle????

When you floor the gas peddle and then lift thee is like a click like a button has been pressed, anyone else have this?

When you floor the gas peddle and then lift thee is like a click like a button has been pressed, anyone else have this?

Yeah think all have them, I believe it's just there to knock off the cruise control/speed limiter. Don't think it opens the throttle up anymore

The button is nothing to do with the revs, its just a trigger that will override the Speed Limiter control. It's there to get you out of trouble if you suddenly needed to accelerate while you've got the limiter on.

I'm assuming you're all on about the 200? I once sat in one in the show room and asked the salesman, he replied saying it was to do with the turbo..... He didn't try to sell after that conversation!

I checked with the RS Monitor that when you press down and barely touch the button the throttle is at 95%. A fraction harder (but still not through the button) gives you 99% throttle so no real need to actually press it down (unless you really need that 1%)

I checked with the RS Monitor that when you press down and barely touch the button the throttle is at 95%. A fraction harder (but still not through the button) gives you 99% throttle so no real need to actually press it down (unless you really need that 1%)

not for the extra power but as its been told its function is to cancel the speed limiter if its set.

I'm assuming you're all on about the 200? I once sat in one in the show room and asked the salesman, he replied saying it was to do with the turbo..... He didn't try to sell after that conversation!

That sums up all Renault salesman dealing with the RS's i think