Bushes - One or all?

Jmax

197 F1 Team
Platinum Member
It might sound like a stupid question, but if i upgrade one of the bushes in the engine bay say to power flex ones, should I really do them all? and also do they make any real difference?

Thanks,
John

Depending on your reason for changing them, I'd recommend Torque first, then Dogbone, and then the Upper Engine insert. This seems to be the order that extra vibration is added, with the upper engine insert adding considerably more than the other 2.

I've done the upper insert, and the torque myself and there is a good amount of vibration, but the car feels solid and it's much nicer to drive.

[MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION] I've upgraded the dog bone to a Vibra Technics one, do you know if I see need the upgraded bushes?

@CallorFold I've upgraded the dog bone to a Vibra Technics one, do you know if I see need the upgraded bushes?
@Jmax - The Vibra Technics are a "complete" solution I believe so there's no reason to add Powerflex bushes to them, not sure if that's even possible?

What are you trying to achieve from changing the mounts? Fix an issue or just seeing how it drives with up-rated ones?

Depending what you're trying to get out of it, I think it would be a good idea (since you've already gone Vibra Technics dog bone) to do the Powerflex Torque mount bit next and see how it drives, and then if you're still wanting something more you have 2 options for the Upper Engine mount - either the Powerflex insert, or the Vibra Technics replacement mount.

Thanks very much for your help [MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION], think I'll do as you've suggested and go for the torque mount bit first.