Britcar Silverstone - End September

Ross

Paid Member
Anyone going to Britcar this September at Silverstone?(As in the 24 hour race). I'm going down with the Clio, a mate and his Mazda MX5.

Would be nice to see another 197 or two down there.

I'll try and get down there mate, if I do go i'll probs be in the paddock as my mate works for FF Corse Ferrari GT team so they may be racing in the Brit 24hrs so he'll get me in free. If they aren't racing i'll try and park up next to a clio sport.

I'll be there, went last year wasnt overly great but the weather was amazing and got to do a parade lap in the 200! And silverstone is the only place i have seen dark chocolate magnum ice creams!! :smiley: Fingers crossed for that again this year! be good if the Jet black racing Clio is there this year?

Wouldn't mind coming down to this, one of my customers races a Gallardo in this series. I keep telling him I'll come down and watch him race but never get the time!

I am there, as are a few other TDF people (Greg and Alan for sure) as we support a number of cars in Britcar. My 24hr involvement will be primarily with the Strata 21 team, we will be going for the Class 1 outright win with our ex Daytona 24hr Mosler MT900R and the Class 3 win with our 997 GT3 Cup.

If anyone is in the pits and spots a TDF shirt/brolly feel free to say Hi, always nice to chat.

This is this weekend!

I'll be there hopefully in my 197 Cup which I'm picking up on the way to the race.

Bit upset at entry numbers and down from 58 last year to 35 this year but got 2 tickets for £15 so really shouldn't moan. Hope it stays dry like this!

im going down with a mate and camping the weekend, look out for a blue 197 cup :smiley:
By the way 2 interesting things, the Mosler ISNT there as was written off in Spa last week, also there IS a clio Cup running with a "James May" driving it...

Will look out for one.

We were cheap skates and didn't want to pay for camping. Car sleeping it is.

No Mosler? Ahh ffs doesn't that leave the top class with about 3-4 cars now? Was looking forward to that one tbh.

Haha your brave sleeping in a clio!!! Surely tou dont have Recaro's....that would be murder! I dont understand the car listings as on Monday it listed a clio cup, now its a Leon :-(.

Yeh the Mosler was described as "dead" on the Pistonheads forums, im same thats what i wanted to see (or hear) the most.

Cant wait though.

The recaros actually aren't that bad, I've never slept in them but I've taken some hang over related breaks in them at car shows. They recline till they're almost horizontal!

Mosler MT900 R is in the event :smile: just seen on the qualifying list.

I can't make this now due to my whole car situation. Got 2 tickets going spare if anybody is at London waterloo or elstree tomorrow morning they can have them for £free.

Yeah mate stood next to the Mosler a minute ago, wasnt in good shape though. We watched quali, was very cold :-(

By the way...there is a little Clio 200 after all. Ive got loads of pics for upload soon.

Anyway sat in tent now...cold...windy...wet.... :smile:

the clios engine "ate some valves" according to their guys hehe poor clio :worried:
I've got some 800 photo's from the whole weekend, any requests let me know.
I've snapped the clio from every angle inside and out bonnet up an all, looked funny.

The best sounding cars there were one of the Seat leons and the Honda Jazz (both were banned during the night due to failing noise regulations and rules as were a number of cars.

The silver/chrome aston ended up winning, looked lovely on the grid.