Bringing the steering wheel closer?

Rishi

Platinum Member
Is there a way to bring the steering wheel a bit closer when it pulls out?

I like my feet to be light on the pedals but then the steering wheel is at a bit of a stretch, just another 1 1/2" would do it i reckon

There is no reach adjustment just height :worried: i dont think a spacer boss would look all to clever on a standard wheel lol

On a FF you release the wheel in the same way you would to move it up and down and pull/push it.

Mine has it, but still doesn't pull out far enough. The seating position in the Clio isn't as good as it could be in my opinion.

I have the Madeno steering wheel spacer in my car with the OEM (Cup) wheel. It doesn't look naff, in fact, your can hardly see it if you don't know. I think it drastically improves the driving position. Before I felt like i sat in the car with either my legs bent or my back hunched. Or a little bit of both at best.

I think they don't advertise the mod on their site because they're not too keen on DIY fitting, since it requires disconnecting and reconnecting the small wiring loom for the airbag. Although it's quite easy, you might end up with an airbag that doesn't work or with one that does......in your face while fitting if you don't know what you're doing .

I have the Madeno steering wheel spacer in my car with the OEM (Cup) wheel. It doesn't look naff, in fact, your can hardly see it if you don't know. I think it drastically improves the driving position. Before I felt like i sat in the car with either my legs bent or my back hunched. Or a little bit of both at best.

I think they don't advertise the mod on their site because they're not too keen on DIY fitting, since it requires disconnecting and reconnecting the small wiring loom for the airbag. Although it's quite easy, you might end up with an airbag that doesn't work or with one that does......in your face while fitting if you don't know what you're doing .

Could you provide pics/details pleas fella? V v interested!

Yup.. I can confirm the FF 200's have reach adjustment, as I was playing with mine the other day :smile:

You have both vertical adjustment and horizontal adjustment on your clio without card key option? Please show me some pictures if available.
My clio RS 20th has only vertical one.

I'm also interested in bringing the steering wheel closer, is there somebody who has some pictures of the steering wheel with the Madeno spacer? Thanks!

Similar Thread Suggestions