Bringing out the best in LY

What can people recommend being the best polish and wax's to bring out the pearl in liquid yellow ? I obviously love the 'bluey' colour in the yellow and just want to bring it out as much as possible, any advise guy's ???

I've moved this to the Detailing section for you Mason. :thumbsup:

I'm afraid I can't offer much advice though as mine is Deep Black. But I'm sure others will be able to help. :smile:

Needs polishing by a professional to wring the best out of the paintwork and then an optically clear sealant, perhaps multiple layers of Zaino Z2 followed by Z8 which will give a very sharp and glossy look - or you go down the wax route, Swissvax BoS, Crystal Rock or along those lines. Deep pockets required good sir!!

PS - I can do any of the above. For a fee, of course :wink:

Sounds good mate, where are you based ?

Also what do you think of dodo juice, I've heard orange crush wax works well on this colour

I'm over in Altrincham, South Manchester.

Dodo Juice wax is ok for the weekend enthusiast, not something I would use. Other than my £16 tub of Natty's, the cheapest wax I have is £200's worth!!

A bit crass talking of wax values imo.

With the right research, and a look on DW at the offers / group buys / personal sales section, you can pick up DA with something like CG Hexalogic pads and Menz polish for a good price, and you get the satisfaction of doing the work yourself.

Oh and i'd reccomend a sealant, especially for this time of year, purely from a longevity point of view (i'm purely a hobbyist though, so don't have the experience of professionals such as Magic)

P.s - Don't base your wax / sealant purchase on price - a lot of sub £50 LSPs and even sub £20 are very well rated, on DW by some very well respected detailers / users too.

For example, here is my Clio 172 Cup, paintwork correction via a G220 DA and Menz pads / polsih and wearing Collonite 476s as an LSP. (back in 09 when I was just getting into it) :

3649459411_af5f2868db_z.jpg
Profile 7 by DEAF N1NJA, on Flickr

Last edited:
Also to add - IMO the key is all in the paintwork prep. LSP adds very little, it just seals in all that hard work. It just adds that extra flake 'pop' and gloss.

Was really just pointing out that going down the wax route can lead to high expense! I would be inclined to stick with my first suggestion of multiple layers of Zaino Z2 and top it with Z8. And heading into winter sealants do tend to have the edge on wax when it comes to protection, unless you do what I do and use a teflon sealant coating first and then wax over the top.

As for DW and grabbing a bargain, that you will do but given I can turn something magical out in a day or two you'd never get the same results yourself. It would take you too long to master the science. Thats not to say you wont get good results and remove a few swirls but swirl removal and 'correction' are quite different imho.

Thats why I said there's no doubt you can do a good job yourself. There's a gap between good and great though, and removing swirls isn't correction, its enhancement. Correction is every last defect fully removed. Lay off DW for a while mate, there's about half a dozen professionals there who know what they are doing - the rest are just smack talking fools playing at it :lol:

Don't get me wrong - i'm sure you can do a better job than me, but I work on the rule of diminishing returns, I aim for maximum correction with the least aggressive combination.

Oh and there's nothing wrong with DW, you just have to know who to listen to (the likes of the guys from PB, DaveKG) and who to avoid as they promote certain brands :wink:

Yeah, they are two of the six I was referring to who know their onions!! lol.

Your methodology is correct - the least aggressive combo for the highest possible results. Its easy for people to just hammer your paint with Scholl S0 on some wool and do a bit of refining after, voila 'correction'. But thats at the sacrifice of clearcoat, or as I call it, butchering. I'm not into that.

Last edited:
Whilst i am far from being expert in detailing i'm not that shabby either.

But what i am is having a LY 200 and LY 265 Trophy in the garage i have a good idea on what it takes to get the best out of them.

imo rule 1 is not to rush it. For me and not taking the wheels off it takes me a day to prep the car. foam, wash, cleanse the paint of fallout and tar. Then clay for the rest of the day. I take a good 8 hours before it take it up and put it away for the night.

Next day i spend 3/4 of a day using different pads to get the results i want and then waxing it using swissvax best of show.

Again i put it in the garage with the wax on!

next day i take the wax off (hopefully in the sun) and the car is left in the sun whilst i take the wheels off and tackle them + dress the car. Then i put the car away and if i can i put a second coat on next day. Belt and braces.

then re wax every 2 or 3 months over the summer to get a good layer built up for winter.

I can highly recommend best of show whole heartedly it is truly epic stuff, it goes on and more importantly it comes off a dream.

swisswax has 10% off on the website with a code i can dig out for you if you want it.

I can highly recomend the werkstat kit (look at the polishedbliss site)

The acrylic prime and jett brings out mettalic flake and reflectivity like ive never seen before. Awsome.

Heard very good things about the zaino aswell but yet to try that.

rick

White hole is an epic polish for it!! I use a colnite wax on it, and zaino Z6 quick detailer inbetween! Never seen it look so good after using this stuff, and I've had it for 5 years and used loads of stuff in that time lol!!

As has been said don't rush it, it's all in the paint prep and a proper good wash, no quick stuff!