Brembo or Renault Brake Discs?

burrellbloke

Paid Member
Can someone enlighten me on what the difference is between these brake discs?

Brembo discs for a R26 are just under £45 each.

Renault OE discs for a R26 are about £200 a pair from RPD.

Can anyone tell me who actually makes the OE brake discs for Renault?

At a quick glance, looks like the only difference is that one has Renault tax and the other doesn't!

Reactions: burrellbloke
I was looking for discs that had good performance but also "looked" a bit different. I have struggled to find any Renault drilled discs that have bearings and ABS rings attached so will probably go with the suggestion of some HC discs.

I’ve just fitted some Godspeed j hooks on the front of mine which look pretty good. About 140 a pair though

Eurocarparts sell Pagid branded ones. I’ve not had any issues with mine, but my friend had to replace one of the bearings on his after a couple of months.
For the difference in cost, I’d say just get genuine

I got SNR ones from GSF, they make them for Renault, with the 60% discount they have every week, it worked out a lot less than from Renault.

Whilst we are on the subject of bearings can I just confirm that the rear wheel bearings can come supplied with some discs, but the front wheel bearings are part of the hubs and do not come supplied with any front discs?

Thanks.

This site is like a fountain of knowledge and wisdom.

As Craig said, they're pressed into the rear discs for our car, not a "normal" setup as many cars have them like our fronts (separate disc to bearings), why prices are higher compared to other cars where they don't have bearings in them.

Reactions: burrellbloke