Brembo backing plates

mattb03

Paid Member
Hi, stupid question of the day, just changing my front pads and the new brembo pads came with backing plates.
Are these just to help with heat transfer as I'm struggling to get them in without them sliding off the pad.

Cheers

Matt

I've bought quite a few of these and never had backing plates with them, was the box sealed when you got it you might have got a box with the wrong pads in it.

I've bought quite a few of these and never had backing plates with them, was the box sealed when you got it you might have got a box with the wrong pads in it.
Cheers, the box was sealed, I've had these a while and only running them as a test so not too worried.

All P 68 036 that I know about (there are certain differences within the lots) have backplates that are fixed to the carrier. From all I know they shouldn't move at all.

brembo_standard.jpg

Reactions: mattb03
They should fit just fine you need to push the pistons all the way back when fitting pads and check the caliper slot surfaces are flat they corrode a lot and build up oxide jamming the pads from slotting in and moving back from the discs after braking a light run with a file to remove the oxide and a very light smear or copper grease on the slides and pad edge should help.
1716842259566.png

Reactions: mattb03 and Sean197
I run titanium backing plates to help thermal management, Turkie is right you just have to push the pistons back enough

IMG_4156.jpeg

Reactions: mattb03
They should fit just fine you need to push the pistons all the way back when fitting pads and check the caliper slot surfaces are flat they corrode a lot and build up oxide jamming the pads from slotting in and moving back from the discs after braking a light run with a file to remove the oxide and a very light smear or copper grease on the slides and pad edge should help.
View attachment 157562
Where did you get these shiny new bolts?