Braking problems

iAndy

Platinum Member
Might be a daft question.... but whats best approach to giving brakes a little extra kick and what about warranty on car. Mines 6 month old and done about 8.5k with a couple of track days into the equation. Does it need a strip, clean some better fluid and bleeding? Or should I slam some new front pads in at same time and keep the old ones to put back in when car goes for its first service?

Might be a daft question.... but whats best approach to giving brakes a little extra kick and what about warranty on car. Mines 6 month old and done about 8.5k with a couple of track days into the equation. Does it need a strip, clean some better fluid and bleeding? Or should I slam some new front pads in at same time and keep the old ones to put back in when car goes for its first service?

think you answered your own question there :thumbsup:

wheres best to get some decent pads and is DS2500 the preferred choice or what other suggestions are out there?

Plus what fluid is best? Got my mate giving me a hand who is a mechanic but just want to get some advice from people who have tried and tested these first

Ferodo have released the DS3000 for general sale now too mate, meant to be a step up from DS2500 but in the same vein of being a road/track crossover pad although more track biased as they're derived from the BTCC compound. They're around £150 front and £100 rear I think, was having a nosey myself on K-Tec the other night but I'm sure anywhere who stock Ferodo would be able to get them in for you.

I've been using Millers Oils 300+ Race Fluid for a few years now and I can't fault it. It's DOT4.0+ as opposed to the 5.1 that most people recommend but there's advantages to not going with 5.1... It's around £10 per 500ml bottle and from memory you'll need two bottles. I usually buy three just to make sure I've got some over incase it takes longer than expected to flush/bleed through.

ive had to get the standard pads as im abit low on cash, and already i can notice a huge differance in performace over the ds2500, ds2500 even in there bad state was a million times sharper. Shame your not closer andyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, id do it for u

Thing I don't want to do is spend a fortune on pads then a strip and clean sort it, but I guess I could just keep them for later or just slam in and save the standard ones.

Thanks for offer jonesy :smile: Ya need to come to bedford on 15th :tongueout: Hoping clio will be rolling with its new shoes by then :smile:

I'd recommend the 2500's.. I couldn't be happier with mine, lots more bite from cold and with a bit of heat they're silly.

* Thread update *

Car getting DS2500's fitted on sunday and gonna change fluid. Just don't know which fluid.....