Brakes

I had the same with mine when I bought it, put it in my usual garage to have the brakes looked at along with oil/filter change. They stripped all the brakes and put new pads in the front, think the labour charge for the whole lot was £70 so hardly a bank breaker and the brakes feel a million times better.

I think its the pads as they are a different metal to the caliper, from what I gather the pins can also be seized in position, that said the garage had no problems with mine.

Sorry for the stupid question...but is it the pins that cause the brakes to seize?

nope

metal backing of the pad corrodes to the lower edge of the caliper..and over time seizes up and causes poor brake performance

they need a yearly service

Mr pink does some upgraded pins which might be of interest?

I'm planning to do new pads, fluid, pins and probably braided lines - just whether i do it before or after the 'ring trip

I'm planning to do new pads, fluid, pins and probably braided lines - just whether i do it before or after the 'ring trip

Exactly what I'm planning on fitting tomorrow along with disks. Should be well bedded in by the' Ring trip :smile: