Brakes!!!!

i am getting abit worried about the brakes on my R27,

I'm getting a wooden feeling through the brake pedal with hardly any bite, i got ferdo DS2500 on the front, and even after abit of a blast the brakes were biting that much either.
and i swear that under heavey braking last night the pedal went went all soft/ limp for about 1 second then came back to normal, but as ths only happened once i kinda dissmissed it as my fault.

Will a simple fluid change sort this out??

ta guys

how long have the pads been on? and how old is the brake fluid?

Is does sound a little bit like you've not been driving hard enough, I had this the other week, the brakes felt crap and didn't have any real bit. I went out and gave them loads of hard stop from speed and they're fine again now :smile:

how long have the pads been on? and how old is the brake fluid?

Is does sound a little bit like you've not been driving hard enough, I had this the other week, the brakes felt crap and didn't have any real bit. I went out and gave them loads of hard stop from speed and they're fine again now :smile:

i see what your saying and i thought this as well but after a fair few very hard brakes from 80+mph i didnt really see of feel any improvment

ok, so how old are the pads and fluid?

its the same fluid from new and the car will be 3 years old in november and the pads i bought off someone from here ( cant remember his name ) and they were brand new and only been on the car say 8 months

could just need a bleeding, or fluid change. Do the brakes feel spongey?

nope not at all

jib197cup

i have been told that the clutch runs off the same reservior that the brakes does, so to get a propa fluid change best to bleeds your brakes as well at the clutch.
if u do just the brakes then the clutch will still have the old fluid in and it then becomes abit pointless doing a fluid change.

pads stick in due to oxidation, I had to give my brakes a complete over haul and clean.

steel pads alloy capilers cause oxidation and they stick after a while.
but 3 years is also time for a fluid change.