Brakes not braking

Raptor6767

Gold Member
I have a problem:

When I push the brake pedal the car doesn't react like it did when it had 10000km. I had this problem ever since my dealer replaced (because of the pad squealing problem) my brake pads (now I have 25 000km).
It's like the pedal goes all the way to the floor and then the car starts to brake good (not great as it did). None of my friends have the same problem.

But what's the most interesting is the fact that when i push the brake pedal all the way it can go the brakes starts braking only at the 3/4 of the pedal and not at the beginning. And the other thing is: when the car is traveling at approximately 40-50kmph and when I slowly press the brake pedal (trying not to block the wheels) at the 20-30kmph the brakes sound like the ABS is on BUT I KNOW MY TYRES HAVE ENOUGH GRIP!

I guess it has to do with the brake fluid (maybe there is some air in the brake hoses - but the dealers said they changed the fluid...somehow I don't believe them, and YES - there is enough brake fluid) or with the master brake cylinder...

Don't know what to do?

Please help.

TNX

pedal shouldnt travel like that - should go solid - as said get the brakes bleed and remove the front pands and rough/de-glase the face of the pads up

also with the handbrake off - press the brake pedal 4-5 times really hard - this helps take up any adjustment in the rear calipers

as for guides - at the moment not got time :worried:

RE: Brakes not Working

You may have got this sorted already!

Had the same Issue with the R27, turns out rear pads had seized.

Had the lot changed, discs pads etc. pedal's now solid at top of travel.

Nearly went through the widscreen when i tapped the brakes on the way home.

I have a problem:

When I push the brake pedal the car doesn't react like it did when it had 10000km. I had this problem ever since my dealer replaced (because of the pad squealing problem) my brake pads (now I have 25 000km).
It's like the pedal goes all the way to the floor and then the car starts to brake good (not great as it did). None of my friends have the same problem.

But what's the most interesting is the fact that when i push the brake pedal all the way it can go the brakes starts braking only at the 3/4 of the pedal and not at the beginning. And the other thing is: when the car is traveling at approximately 40-50kmph and when I slowly press the brake pedal (trying not to block the wheels) at the 20-30kmph the brakes sound like the ABS is on BUT I KNOW MY TYRES HAVE ENOUGH GRIP!

I guess it has to do with the brake fluid (maybe there is some air in the brake hoses - but the dealers said they changed the fluid...somehow I don't believe them, and YES - there is enough brake fluid) or with the master brake cylinder...

Don't know what to do?

Please help.

TNX

this is exactly what i got just with out the abs kicking in, but i resently had my fliud changed before i went germany at easter, so sure it cant be that can it? and i also got ds2500 on the front???

so that little hose has a valve init that cause this braking issue?

Yes, the valve in it.

The main function of the valve is not to let air back in the brake servo - mine did.

After I have changed most of the brake system there were only three more things to change/inspect - this hose, main brake cylinder & the brake servo.

I tried my friends 197 and we now have identical brake/stopping power...