Brakes feeling rather soft :S

Hey guys, I picked my 200 up on Monday absolutely over the moon with it however, the brakes feel soft, even if you pump the pedal.

Me n my dad were out for a spin in it earlier and while he was driving he thought they were far too soft. Got home had a quick look at the pads still plenty on them.

Any ideas? Cheers

Take it back and get them to bleed the brakes or change the fluid. The brake fluid change would be the better option if possible. :smile:

And do NOT pay for it, just be hard-faced. It's a new/nearly new car, it should be spot-on.

Are they not all like this? I know mine is, more of a progressive braking feel than a sharp stop.

Mine's progressive as in the brakes don't just anchor on and the force/feedback feels greater as the pedal travels but, the brakes themselves bite very well.

Cjmeek, do the brakes feel nice and firm but the pedal feels soft? Or by the brakes feeling soft, do you mean that the actual force of braking doesn't feel very strong when you depress the pedal?

Seriously, brake fluid change!

I did mine as it felt AWFUL and very soft, brakes were almost ineffective lol!!

Then new fluid and now you go through the windscreen when you touch the brakes!! :smile::smile:

Mine hand't been done in 2 years!!

Mine's progressive as in the brakes don't just anchor on and the force/feedback feels greater as the pedal travels but, the brakes themselves bite very well.

Cjmeek, do the brakes feel nice and firm but the pedal feels soft? Or by the brakes feeling soft, do you mean that the actual force of braking doesn't feel very strong when you depress the pedal?

The actual force of braking doesn't feel strong at all, I'm going to give the dealer a phone tomorrow and ask them when the last time the brakes were done.

The car may have been sitting over winter at the dealership might be moisture in the brake fluid?

Cheers lads!