Brakes - Fast road and track set ups...IN HERE.

It is probably cheaper to take out your fog lights and put in some brake ducts rather than go to bigger discs and calipers to get some extra cooling in there if heat is the issue causing juddering.

I have been through a variety of brake pads and discs over the past two years. Drilled R26 discs with DS2500s were okay but not might bite. Brembo HC discs with DS Uno pads were great for a few track days but left deposits which then caused juddering on other track days. Now I am running Godspeed J hook discs and DS1.11 pads - no issues so far and they have a good bite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Banbury
Agreed with these two - I don't have brake cooling issues with my setup:

- Brembo 4 pot Clio calipers
- DS1.11 pads
- PureTrack titanium shims
- Braided hoses
- Motul RBF660 fluid
- Goodspeed G Hook discs
- Fog light cooling ducts

Reactions: RSRowe and Banbury
If you want bigger discs you've to switch to M3RS calipers as @R20BTG already mentioned.

Otherwise the mentioned upgrades to the standard brakes should do. I've also thought about going down that route but decided to only go with braided lines and kept the rest standard as mine isn't used that much on track and I didn't had a problem with that setup so far. I didn't even go for drilled or slotted discs and only have Brembo Sport pads as the Ferodos and the coloured stuff isn't road legal here.

Last edited:
Here's a list of disc and pad combinations somebody posted in the German forum.

1Liste_fr_Bremsscheiben2_001.JPG

Left = pads
Top = discs
Green = recommended
Yellow = Only conditionally recommended
Red = not recommended

gelocht = drilled
geschlitzt = slotted

Last edited:
You can't order larger discs and retain the standard Brembo caliper in the OEM mounting position. You'd need to move the caliper outwards radially. Even then, retaining the OEM Clio Brembo calipers on a larger 330mm disc is probably not worth it as you are not gaining any pad surface area to use on the bigger discs.

An option for you is to install the Mk3 Megane Brembo caliper and a larger disc.

You'll then get a 330mm disc, with a larger Megane pad surface area. The Godspeed kit comes with caliper spacers to move the caliper out from the OEM Clio mounting point to work with the larger 330mm disc,
Great advice. Thank-you. I am just pricing up the Godspeed kit plus braided lines.
Also the feedback on cooling. As after I did a the cool-down lap and went in. The front discs were still really warm - well actually hot!

I'll see if I can get all this done this month as keen to do more track days.

It will be pickup on the discs that gets worse when things get hot, what are you currently running?
Thanks for the heads-up. Here is what on the car.
(They were fitted to the car by Ktec before I purchased back in 2017. Cars has done little mileage since).
Front = Brembo HC front discs + Ferodo ds1.11 pads
Rear = Ktec black rear discs + Ferodo DS2500 pads

Thanks for the heads-up. Here is what on the car.
(They were fitted to the car by Ktec before I purchased back in 2017. Cars has done little mileage since).
Front = Brembo HC front discs + Ferodo ds1.11 pads
Rear = Ktec black rear discs + Ferodo DS2500 pads

100% pickup on the front disks, the 1.11 are a race pad so require on/off on the pedal, street driving and poor bedding in can cause the pickup / juddering (been here)

Many will tell you can clear the pickup with some heavy braking but I had to take the discs off and carefully sand the pickup off + deglaze the pads. Followed the following to bed in and haven’t had issues since.

I completely echo the above. I used to get terrible pickup on them on wet trackdays.... kinda difficult to use the pad as an on/off switch in the wet. The Clio Cup Racer manual as states it's a common occurance.

I switched to Mintex F2 and never had an issue thereafter, though they certainly did lack the initial bite vs the 1.11

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ll check the discs and see what I can do to clean them up.
It probably makes a lot of sense to replace the pads. As I’ve no idea on how they were bedded in, if at all, before I bought the car.
btw - that is a great article on bedding in pads.