Brake work!

I bought my new 200 cup a few weeks ago, and have just taken it to the garage I work at to have a look over the brakes which are clearly shot!
Apparently, the N/S/R caliper has failed, and it's going to need a new caliper, 4 new discs and a complete set of pads. ouchhhh!!! :worried:
Where's the best place to get these parts? I get trade price on parts as part of my job, am I right that I'm not gonna be able to find any for cheaper than Renault's trade?
Also, is it worth upgrading to red stuff pads and the like??
Cheers :smile:

I would probably only bother upgrading if you're going to track, otherwise stock will be more than suitable all round. (People seem to rate Ferodo DS2500's if you upgrade)

You might be able to get a second hand caliper off ebay.

If not, as Gam said, ask Karl. But if you get trade part prices, i doubt he'll be any cheaper.

But if you bought it from a dealer, i'd just take it back tbh. Get them to sort it out.

Just rang renault and this is what they quoted me at trade price and about 30% off that cos there's quite a few thing.

Front pads: £51.48 all 4
Front discs: £45. 12 each = £90.24
Rear pads: £23.70 all 4
Rear discs: £66 each = £132
calliper: £97.78
front calliper pins: £22 each caliper

That seems alright to me, about £400

must have been hammered or abused or mega high miles for all the brakes to worn....

Is that all with VAT? They seem very good prices if they are.

Urgh forgot to ask that, what a numpty.

must have been hammered or abused or mega high miles for all the brakes to worn....

It's on 42k miles, I'm not too sure tbh, the mechanic just said do it properly and get them all changed

Weird Ebay listing, how can they be compatible with the 1.5dci range AND the 197s ??

:s

oh yeah! weird...

Be very careful when looking for brake stuff for the Clio. A lot of the stuff advertised for our cars will not actually fit. Rear disks from Renault at £66 each I'm sure is incorrect.

Be very careful when looking for brake stuff for the Clio. A lot of the stuff advertised for our cars will not actually fit. Rear disks from Renault at £66 each I'm sure is incorrect.

That's exactly what I thought mate, particularly as the fronts were like £45

Ahh think mines drivers side, shame!!

You can pick up brembo HC discs for the fronts relatively cheap, I've got them and there excellent, think you can get them for 70quid from a parts place, I also got standard ferodo front pads which again can be picked up for cheap.

Brembo High Carbon front discs are same as the renault ones but without the black painted hub.

Standard front pads are ferrodo I think but would definitely recommend an upgrade to DS2500 if you're fast road use

Brembo High Carbon front discs are same as the renault ones but without the black painted hub.

Standard front pads are ferrodo I think but would definitely recommend an upgrade to DS2500 if you're fast road use

There the discs I got, just painted hub with hammerite... :smile: