Brake pins?

Has anyone had trouble getting them out of the front caliper? Went to change the pads last week and the pins seemed to be seized in.

I'm guessing it might of been from trackdays and the calipers getting hot but not 100% sure.

Anyone got any help on how to free them??

kyle

these usually need to be cut out with a grinder and replaced with new ones. you might be lucky and be able to drift them out with a punch but could bend

a common fault - seize in to the calipers - its the steel spring collar on the pins that corrodes in the alloy caliper

you can get them out usually - tap round where they fit in the caliper body and then with a quality punch give them a proper whack with a hammer and they should brake free

maybe try a spuirt of plus-gas the night before to help free them up. if your changing the pads anyway it wont matter if they get contaminated with the spray

would always clean the disk with brake safe after working on the brakes anyway to get off any greasy paw prints

They don't need to be cut with a grinder at all. Get a tap hammer and push pin and with a bit of force they will free themselves.

However jammed they may seem just keep going and eventually they free themselves, do not grind!!!

thanks for the replies, been hittin them and no movement so thought i was doing somethink wrong. will give it another go on thursday.

Is there something wrong with the materials used on the clio calipers/pins?

I've never had problems with pins seizing before! Even the pins on my dads 130k merc aint seized!

_51829_144226.jpg

When you put two different metals together there will always be some corrosion between them, it just happens.

I didn't have any problems getting my pins out after 3 years and ~25k miles