Brake imbalance

"Nearside Front and offside front. Front brakes only just met the front brake imbalance requirements. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (3.7.A.2d)"

Just looking through the paperwork i received with the car and noticed this advisory from its first MOT. Just a quick question on whether its a easy fix or expensive really.

Cheers, Alex.

Could be anything really, its hard to tell when not looking at it. The Brembos fitted to the car require a bit of maintainance to keep them 100% so a good clean and lube up is always a good first port if call. I wouldn't worry to much about it as it still passed and they ain't going to let you out on the road with defective brakes.

Mine had this in September on its MOT, only just passed (I have a good garage and he told me it should have failed:-/).

I had my pads, lines and fluid changed and its still a little iffy. They probably just need a good clean.

service the brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the front pads seize in to the calipers and can also glaze over causing poor performance

in a emergancy braking situation this can be very dangerous - get them sorted :poke:

As above, I service then every 4 months or so including a quick sand.

Nothin worse especially on a trackday when you notice as its too late, been there, done that, lesson learnt.

also the MOT on my car was done in April 2012 at Gordon Lamb of Chesterfield, its done 1500 miles and had a full service since. Just thought i'd ask for a better opinion anyway