Brake Ducting

Has anyone setup some brake ducting? Ideally I either want something that leaves the car looking standard or if not something that can can easily remove after the track?

I've seen quite a few 172/182's where the fog lights have been removed and ducting added. Is there anything off the shelf to do this on a 197? As above it needs to be easy to remove so I can put the standard fogs back in afterwards.

Other than that, could something be located under the front bumper?

someone tried it once from the wheel arch but it sucked up too much road muck iirc.

and im pretty sure someone on here has a custom intake setup going down to the bottom grill,
im sure they'll be along shortly

A company we supply retails a brake cooling kit for the Clio R3 Rally cars.. It utilises the fog light holes.

Clio_r3_f_kh_t__eleje.jpg

The full kit is around £350 plus delivery. I could get that discounted if you are interested.

A company we supply retails a brake cooling kit for the Clio R3 Rally cars.. It utilises the fog light holes.

The full kit is around £350 plus delivery. I could get that discounted if you are interested.

Wow they look really nice! I don't think my wife would approve at that price tho..

I personally think they are expensive but there is a fixing kit that comes with it that's not shown.

To be fair unless your gonna track it more then its on the road its prob not with it

I can't imagine needing ducting unless taking part in competition on the 200/197, they take a lot of hammer as it is.

I can't imagine needing ducting unless taking part in competition on the 200/197, they take a lot of hammer as it is.

Just a little concerned about boiling the brake fluid. I was at a track day about two weeks ago and 3 172/182's boiled their brake fluid and I was braking much later and harder than them.

It was open pit lane and I was doing 15 min sessions with a single slowdown lap and I didn't feel any fade on standard pads and discs, but it would be nice to know I had a bit more in the bag and could stay out for longer. :smile:

What sort of discounted price we talking?

Any pics of them fitted etc? To try work out how/what needs to be removed/cut

Genuinely interested.

What sort of discounted price we talking?

Any pics of them fitted etc? To try work out how/what needs to be removed/cut

Genuinely interested.

I'll make some enquiries on Monday Mat and get some more pics, details etc.

Just a little concerned about boiling the brake fluid. I was at a track day about two weeks ago and 3 172/182's boiled their brake fluid and I was braking much later and harder than them.

It was open pit lane and I was doing 15 min sessions with a single slowdown lap and I didn't feel any fade on standard pads and discs, but it would be nice to know I had a bit more in the bag and could stay out for longer. :smile:

Better fluid and some better pads will do it, the brakes on the mk2s while good aren't in the same league as the 197/200 brembos.

The standard pads I found were the weak link initially.

I used about 1.6ltrs last flush standard to ate - now about to do ate to castrol srf at 65 per ltr !