Braided Lines Fitted

richandgem

Platinum Member
I finally got round to fitting a set of braided lines to the 197 this weekend. They are manufactured by HEL and I am happy with the results, my only complaint with the brakes in the 197 was the spongey feel they had compared to our 182 (which I also fitted braided lines to). I also took the opertunity to change the brake fluid at the same time.
PICT1282.jpg
PICT1284.jpg
Lines for the rear
PICT1286.jpg

It didn't take too long to change them, the only bit thats a pain is bleeding the rear drivers side, I can never seem to get all the air out on the first attempt. Its been the problem corner everytime I've changed brake lines now lol. I would say that the fittings and fitment of the goodridge (which are on the 182) lines are slighlty better but not by enough to make me pay the extra £20-£30 they wanted.

Worth it then mate??? Need mine doing...... hmm.... who to ask??! :wink:
well worth it imo mate, especially for the money :smile:
The brake travel has been reduced and they feel a lot better.

Get a set on order mate, I'll sort you out for fitting

rich how you finding these brake lines was the fitting ok?

ive been warned off HEL as apparently they have fitting issues?

rich how you finding these brake lines was the fitting ok?

ive been warned off HEL as apparently they have fitting issues?

I'll be honest and say they dont fit as well as the Goodridge hoses that are fitted to the 182, but nothing to worry me over. I've yet to see how how the HEL last apperance wise, one of the things thats annoyed me with the Goodridge is they has oxidised quite badly and look bad around the joints. Which is quite bad given that I paided the extra to have stainless fittings over the zinc plated ones.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose