Braided Break lines

N0ddie

Platinum Member
Been reading through various trackday reports and found that a lot of people are running these braided break lines.

What sort of benefit do these provide? And would you deem them necessary for someone thats looking to do a quite a few trackdays a year?

As above really to stop expansion of BRAKE lines under heavy breaking when hot

and also to make sure maximum force is directed to the piston and not to bulge out the hose

I really like the goodrich ones get very good reviews and an easy swap

beat to change with fluid as well as calipers will require bleeding afterwards anyway ..... Hth

Personally i've fitted these to every car i've ever owned and never felt a difference in braking force/pedal feel.

But additionally they wont wear through and need replacing like traditional brake lines.

So you anybody thats knows whats spanners' waht can change the lines out easily enough?

Do you think anyone thats handy with a spannr can change the brake lines out, or is it best to give it to a garage to tackle?

put it this way if you dont know its best left to someone who does it is brakes afterall

put it this way if you dont know its best left to someone who does it is brakes afterall

Think al take it to my local garage and get them to do it.

Which brand is best to go for? Came across a few in my search for them.

Are Goodridge any good? Set of 4 for 50 quid. That sound about right?

Last edited:
I'd buy HEL lines personally, they are full stainless and u get to pick your colour. We've got HEL on our 197 and goodridge on the 182, IMO the HEL are far better value

I'd buy HEL lines personally, they are full stainless and u get to pick your colour. We've got HEL on our 197 and goodridge on the 182, IMO the HEL are far better value

Cheers bud. I was looking at them also.

I assume the lines are the same for the 197 and 200?

I have HEL and would go for Goodridge next time.

Mine aren't that great a fit, the rears needed the clips adjusting and the fronts where too long meaning they could rub on the inside of the wheel on full lock. Thats resulted in my front being loosely tie-rapped to stop this happening.

Best to change the fluid at the same time, I use Motul RBF 600

I have HEL and would go for Goodridge next time.

Mine aren't that great a fit, the rears needed the clips adjusting and the fronts where too long meaning they could rub on the inside of the wheel on full lock. Thats resulted in my front being loosely tie-rapped to stop this happening.

Best to change the fluid at the same time, I use Motul RBF 600

Ah! Thats not good.

Goodridge it is then.

Did you fit yours yourself Mark? Fancy giving mine a go :thumbup:

Ah! Thats not good.

Goodridge it is then.

Did you fit yours yourself Mark? Fancy giving mine a go :thumbup:

No I didn't fit them, my mate who owns a garage and looks after our cars and fleet of vans fitted them (Car Masters in Balliston)

I'll give you his number if you want to get it booked in, He does Saturday morning as well.

Last edited:
No I didn't fit them, my mate who owns a garage and looks after our cars and fleet of vans fitted them (Car Masters in Balliston)

I'll give you his number if you want to get it booked in, He does Saturday morning as well.

Yeah, that would be superb bud.

Ktecs braided lines have been specifically modified to the optimum length with very good fittings, that what i used and they went straight on no messing about!

Just cant choose your colour :worried: