Boot will not open!... off to Renault!

Yesterday my boot decided not to open, whichever combination of unlocking i tried both on fob or keyless.

About two miles up the road a fault flagged up on the dash which i could only assume was related.

Rang up Dales Renault in Cornwall and are off today to get it sorted... hopefully.

Good thing is the very helpful chap on the end of the phone thinks he knows what's going on and should all be within my warranty as i've only had the car 2 months.

I've read a few horror stories on here but here's hoping my first experience with Renault fixing something goes well! :smile:

certainly have, all it does is lock the boot + doors again. I figure it has to be something wrong with the little button that pops the lid, just about to set off to Renault.

Even if it's something daft which i'm sure it's not i can drool over what stock they have in while i wait:001_rolleyes:

Back now, and apparently the need to get another thing-a-ma-bob in to do with the electrics. As far as i could gather, power is being sent to the boot release and rear wiper, but somewhere along the lines is being cut out.

All i know is that it's back in next Tuesday to have it's wires fondled under the dash, courtesy car for the day to the tune of £0! Thankfully!

Can't fault the chaps up there though good service so far!

BTW i realised the back wiper has also stopped on the way to the dealership in the rain!:thumbdown:

This is a lock button ;-)

from the description he was saying about using his fob, so was under the assumption that it wasnt unlocking. well it could be water in the electrics in the boot, it not unheard off getting into the open button or could be water corrosion in the multiplug between the car and the boot (top corner of the boot)