BMW test drive....

Right so I've been thinking of selling the clio as Im annoyed with all the squeaks inside and the fact its back with renault for work.. so I had a quick look and.found a nice bmw....

I went and test drove it today... 135i on an 08 plate with 40,000 miles for £19,999 and well.... 3.0 twin turbo 306bhp which looking online is an under estimate and they normally make 315/20bhp and a shed load of talk. Was stunning to drive, so smooth and went you get your toe down it hustles!! 6pot brakes up front and full leather.

so the clio has been warned!!! :jumpon:

Lot of money for a 3yr old car, and wouldn't be especially good on a track day due to its weight. Also look into whatever warranty comes with it.

If you aren't going to use it on track then it would probably be a better day-to-day car than your 200.

Yeah my mate had one of these. Stupid fast things once mapped ~380bhp.
And a really nice place to be.
Would be a very nice upgrade I think.
But as said yeah can't imagine it would be as good/fun round a track.

it is a lot of money for a used car however it is a fantastic car :smile:

I've never tracked the clio and now my track car is up and running again I have no desire to go on track in it. For the road it will handle well enough (even better if I take off the runflats!! lol)

We'll see what happens :smile:

19-20 grand put it up against some serious 'used' competition. I'd love one but if I was you, I'd wait. By all accounts, financially it appears things are gonna be worse that this one. I'd imagine you might save yourself 1000 - 1500 (although equally, you might lose that on the clio)....

it does yeah. I am going to wait till the clio is fixed and see how I feel as the clio is worth nothing now in used value so I have no idea what to do.

...price of the BMW seems reasonable to me....was on an Audi forecourt where they had some diesel powered TT's on 08 plates for 25k plus....at least a BMW will hold its value...I could kick myself for buying a brand new Clio...lost loads

I have looked at these online, but think what the tax and fuel will be like. The clio i can live with but thats gonna sting.

135i Coupe would be a nice smoker though

edit: 198co2 is the same as the clio and fuel looks similar to, might not be as bad as i thought.

I would be tempted by a 123d Msport Coupe. But time will tell.

Last edited:
its not bad.. can get a year older one with 10,000less miles for the same price so may go for that. As both get a years warranty from BMW. Yeah I could kick myself for buying the clio!! :worried:

yeah fuel economy is near identical :smile: tax is a bracket up I believe and insurance is only a little more. 123d is nice but I don't want a diesel as I had one before and didn't find it fun to drive :worried:

One of the boys on vxronline got one of theys and it made 340bhp standard was shocked when it made this 35bhp more than it should have an it was standard lol

Similar Thread Suggestions