BMW M Coupe

The original.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3984137.htm

Thinking of selling my wifes 200 and getting one of these.

It should cost roughly the same as the 200 is worth. A bit more in running costs but as she does 5k per year this should be offset by the depreciation...... thats the Head bit taken care of.

Now the Heart just says.... Love you and I have done since you were new.

Look at those wheel arches.

I think they look really tough.

Should trap on a bit too with that motor under the bonnet.

I've always loved these motors ever since the famous ghost rider film featuring one..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBbI9Bmc9vY[/YOUTUBE]

Personally I think you would be crazy. They are ugly as sin, as previously said it hasn't aged well at all!

Personally I always liked the bread vans :thumbsup:

Running costs will be more though (insurance, fuel and mostly servicing). But like you said it won't loose its arse in value and its much more of a classic than a 200.

That examples top dollar (it would be from ML), if you're spending that much, worth looking at Z4M Coupe (or even the 3.0l version as well). VERY respected cars from people in the know..:thumbup1:

Hmmm....a very dated car that was hardly state-of-the-art when new! I owned a low mileage, 1-owner BMW 325ci M-sport coupe for a while and it was a beautiful car in every respect but it cost a bloody fortune to run!! I'd say buy a used Megane RS 250 for that money and enjoy...

I've had a Z4M Roadster and would have another one in a flash, fantastic car. However the running costs are not to be sniffed at!!
Z3M's are nice but not as a daily and the handling isnt anywhere as near as good as the Z4M.

....you are as bad as me for looking for the new car all the time!!.....you've only just bought the 200 and already twitching to move on!! Personally, I would keep the 200 for a couple of years and get an M1 when they are a bit more affordable.......

I started looking at the M Coupes over the weekend last time I loked at them was in about 2003 when early cars were just touching 20k. The car in the add is a bit pricey I'd be looking for the later M3 engined car for that money (Same engine as Z4M)

As some of you have spotted the Z4M is better value and the 3.0 is better cost wise. But you will also notice the 3.0 & the M are the same bodywise whereas the original M Coupe is a one off you need to see it in the flesh to see how much those rear arches stick out. The Z4 are also still going down in value where the Z3 looks to be on the turn. I had an E30 M3 and sold it 10 years ago. It would be worth double what I sold it for and in I had bought an Evo Sport.... Treble.

I do dearly want a 1M and my plan was to buy one next year but prices are just not dropping. And having a N/A Straight Six now BMW has gone all turbo has a certain appeal

As for another Megane. Nice cars but I aleady have a mint, low milage, top spec R26 which I plan to keep as my practicle family car.

I do love the clio & it ticks all the boxes and is very very rare spec(thanks Slime) but its the 4th in a row and I'm not getting any younger.

Its such an experience to look at & sit in. Feels so special before you even start it.

I'm sure the Straight 6 is supposed to be a screamer but its still very torquey across the rev range.

Similar Thread Suggestions