bmw idiot

This was my old BMW 2.8 449d8129.jpg
46086154.jpg

I never drove it like a dick! It was more becuase i knew what it could do (had a few tasty mods :wink:) So she was quick. I was so scared of tail ending it into a tree, i never used the power though it would embarress most things! It was my pride and joy aswell lol

Yeah, you're probably right Clewsey

I think you just remember the **** drivers more in the higher specc'd cars - they come with that kind of reputation :smile:

Since the 90's, I've always driven performance German cars so i'm a bit biased, but TBH I find its the chavved up Jap crap or vauxhalls that tend to be the biggest ****s on the road nowadays.

You do get the usual idiots in the base model bimmers & audis giving it the berries (also bimmers being dressed up with //M badges), but the proper stuff tend to be driven by enthusiasts who know the crack.

I bet the 1 series wasn't a 135i, these are a proper wolf in sheeps clothing enthusiasts car and are wicked fun (specially a burger re-mapped one!).

Whoever said the RS4 is boring coz its 4wd is talking total tosh..

Just my opinion, they are too safe - the R8 is the only car Audi make that is entertaining.. An RS4 has a sweet engine but no-where near as sweet as driving a rear-wheel drive M3.

Since the 90's, I've always driven performance German cars so i'm a bit biased, but TBH I find its the chavved up Jap crap or vauxhalls that tend to be the biggest ****s on the road nowadays.

You do get the usual idiots in the base model bimmers & audis giving it the berries (also bimmers being dressed up with //M badges), but the proper stuff tend to be driven by enthusiasts who know the crack.

I bet the 1 series wasn't a 135i, these are a proper wolf in sheeps clothing enthusiasts car and are wicked fun (specially a burger re-mapped one!).

Whoever said the RS4 is boring coz its 4wd is talking total tosh..

I remember when I had my E46 M3. I was in a queue trying to get out of a carpark at Thruxton and I remember a family in a Ford Galaxy decided that they wouldn't let me out even though I'd been patiently been waiting) and closed the gap. BMW ownership trait yes. But we are not all the same....

When I decided I'd had enough I decided to tell them what I thought about their small minded mentality they said some stupid comment which said it all. Unfortunately, some people have chips on their shoulders and can't accept people who have worked hard to get stuff which may be better than theirs. That's the UK for you :smile:

Not just BMWs either - I once got to passenger in a Zonda and was amazed to see 2 people trying to race us in a Pegueot 206 cc. Work that out!

Just my opinion, they are too safe - the R8 is the only car Audi make that is entertaining.. An RS4 has a sweet engine but no-where near as sweet as driving a rear-wheel drive M3.

I had a BMW courtsey car when my tracking was being sorted, i was amazed when i found out it had indicators fitted but when trying to use them there is quite a bit of resistance in the stalk :smiley:

I do agree in certain respects, RWD is far more entertaining (I had an AC Schnitzer M5 and was constantly flicking the rear) but in the real world of cold, damp, miserable UK, the RS4 is a super fast point to point car and when its on the boil, its so not boring. Another plus point, you can squeeze 3 adults in the back with 2 big dogs in the boot if its an avant..:thumbsup:

Taking in one step further, say talking in Porsche terms, you could also say a 997turbo is boring coz its AWD but the truth of the matter is compared to say a GT2 or GT3..it doesn't feel anywhere near as entertaining. It doesn't make it a boring car, far from it, but the problem with premium cars nowadays is they are just so damn good there is literally a car for everyones needs. If you've got the cash of course, which unfortunately, I haven't..:worried:

I only seem to cause upset to blokes in Audi's. Usually diesel ones too, not the good diesel ones either. They just don't seem to understand, though soon do when it hit's 5k rpm and I'm waving in my rear view with my middle finger.

I'm not one for traffic light grand prix's but sometimes you just have to play to your inner child :smile:

Maybe boring is the wrong word - As you say, it's a fast point-to-point practical choice in all weathers. Agree - high performance cars are now so good they become very clinical (especially German marques). They certainly mask the speed which makes it difficult to stay on the right side of the law :smile:

I do agree in certain respects, RWD is far more entertaining (I had an AC Schnitzer M5 and was constantly flicking the rear) but in the real world of cold, damp, miserable UK, the RS4 is a super fast point to point car and when its on the boil, its so not boring. Another plus point, you can squeeze 3 adults in the back with 2 big dogs in the boot if its an avant..:thumbsup:

Taking in one step further, say talking in Porsche terms, you could also say a 997turbo is boring coz its AWD but the truth of the matter is compared to say a GT2 or GT3..it doesn't feel anywhere near as entertaining. It doesn't make it a boring car, far from it, but the problem with premium cars nowadays is they are just so damn good there is literally a car for everyones needs. If you've got the cash of course, which unfortunately, I haven't..:worried:

Similar Thread Suggestions