Black RS200

jasonlovesfrench

Paid Member
So she's completely stock, she's completely sexy! say hello to my little Maeva the black 200. Pushing 46k miles and mechanically superb! standard interior, no fancy cup pack here! :french:. Bad bits .... exterior isn't brilliant for a car that's hardly been driven tbh, its had 3 washes and the paint is still in a poorly way. The headlights are murky as to are the spots. There are around 4 small dents, 2 car park style dings, 1 larger round dent and and 1 smaller round dent. Both wing mirrors are marked. Looks to me like the front spoiler isn't on right, needs investigating. Also only one key so can't do keyless entry or starting. Oh and amazing perk as I'm so old my insurance was £210 LOL.

Things on my list short term to mid term
  1. Keep washing and treating the paint until its free of smearing tar, try and deep clean the lights
  2. Get the dents removed
  3. Get some cup speedlines possibly in anthracite?
  4. Cup suspension
  5. Would love some recaros
  6. Get second key
Overall its great to be back in a Clio, that smell when you get in and the way it makes you feel - had a brilliant day just hooning around stopping for coffee.

81E5C924-518A-4744-9E9C-E553D385C14A.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice.

The front spoiler is quite flexible and moves around. What do you think is wrong with it?

1. When you wash the car are you using any decontamination products and tar remover? You might be able to remove any clouding on the lights with a cleaning kit.
2. See if you have a local company who can do smart repairs
3. Speedlines are my favourite Clio wheel. They come up for sale every now and then so keep a lookout. Once you have found a set you can get them refurbed in any colour you want.
4. Cup suspension is not too expensive and still available to buy.
5. Recaros - they are super expensive and you might get better value upgrades for your money? Reacros seem to sell for £1,000 plus these days, even in tatty condition.
6. I think that there are key companies out there that can code a second key for you.

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
Very nice.

The front spoiler is quite flexible and moves around. What do you think is wrong with it?

1. When you wash the car are you using any decontamination products and tar remover? You might be able to remove any clouding on the lights with a cleaning kit.
2. See if you have a local company who can do smart repairs
3. Speedlines are my favourite Clio wheel. They come up for sale every now and then so keep a lookout. Once you have found a set you can get them refurbed in any colour you want.
4. Cup suspension is not too expensive and still available to buy.
5. Recaros - they are super expensive and you might get better value upgrades for your money? Reacros seem to sell for £1,000 plus these days, even in tatty condition.
6. I think that there are key companies out there that can code a second key for you.

Thanks for the tips man! - defo want to get the wheels they're my favourite as well.

Plenty of headlight restoration kits out there, shouldn't be an issue as a DIY job.
In terms of the paint, get a fallout remover such as Iron X, then use a prewash, then snowfoam, then wash, then use a clay bar. Once clayed, ideally you want to get a DA polisher on it. A few beginner kits. I have this one - https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/das-6-v2-dual-action-polisher-menzerna-kit-test
Brilliant thanks man, I literally have no snow foam abilities at home I need to buy everything. I’ve been hand washing then going to the garage to use the jet wash and then finishing off straight after. It’s working but a pain, need a complete kit for home really…Christmas soon right!

Reactions: Sean197
Brilliant thanks man, I literally have no snow foam abilities at home I need to buy everything. I’ve been hand washing then going to the garage to use the jet wash and then finishing off straight after. It’s working but a pain, need a complete kit for home really…Christmas soon right!

Something like this is a decent solution instead of forking out for a Karcher etc - https://www.millets.co.uk/15987300/...CQFzCNlDt0rRAcngKGAaAieqEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have some Cup Suspension for sale, the front dampers and springs are very new. One of the rear springs is missing a mounting cup, but you would have these on your car already. £150

Attachments

• 20210709_153304.jpg
    20210709_153304.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 20210709_153310.jpg
    20210709_153310.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210709_153315.jpg
    20210709_153315.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20210709_153320.jpg
    20210709_153320.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 20210709_153326.jpg
    20210709_153326.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
They are off a 60 plate 200. The fronts are very new, easily less than 6 months use on the car. The rears, I don't know but everything was working fine as it should be.

Washing is going well the paint Is definitely improving.
I’ve got a set of three cup speedlines so just need a final wheel now - I think I’m going to get them done in the standard silver as nobody seems to run silver these days, nice to be different.

Beanie is going to fit cup suspension for me hopefully in January.

Also on the list for Jan is the little dents removal, I’ll probably get this done first.
78392CB4-F670-4DF3-9EA1-1129BD34B9BA.jpeg

Reactions: Sean197
Hows the front wing? I had the dealer do body work on my car once and forgot the bolts that secure the wing to the bumper at the top, so it was always sagging 1/8 of an inch gap between the tops of the wings and the bottom of the bumper area.

Hows the front wing? I had the dealer do body work on my car once and forgot the bolts that secure the wing to the bumper at the top, so it was always sagging 1/8 of an inch gap between the tops of the wings and the bottom of the bumper area.
Mines got a slight droop, probably a few MM it’s just enough to not look right.